Friday, July 27, 2012

Project Runway, Ep. 10.2


Challenge:

Dylan's Candy Bar: Ralph Lauren's daughter's candy store. It's the unconventional challenge: make whatever you want, but you can only use what's in the candy store! Love these challenges. It's always so amazing to see everyone's creativity.

How much is a chocolate boyfriend?” Christopher

It's inevitable, there's always a couple of people to find something with fabric on it. That's always frowned upon people! I saw someone got some pillows and Buffi had an umbrella. Expect there to be some negative comments about that on the runway later.

Tim thinks Andrea's dress is craft-projecty and he is totally underwhelmed. He thinks she's throwing the challenge away. I would tend to agree, it's not that exciting at all. So she decides to cut it up and start over, but wait, no, now she decides she's going to stand by her design. Make up your mind lady!

Some other creations, however, they are insane! I can't believe what some of these people are doing with candy! These outfits look so colorful and pretty! Some of the colorful patterns are simply stunning and the candy looks like fabric!

Gunnar and Christopher really don't like each other do they? Wow, it's so funny to hear each of them talk about the other.

Oh my, Kooan! His cotton candy basically evaporated! Ha!


Runway Show

Gunnar
Very cool, it looks like a chess board. It looks very well constructed.
9 out of 10

Sonjia
Blue, very cute. I love all the details.
10 out of 10

Melissa
I love the licorice, it looks like leather! The twist ties/wrappers look like metal. It's totally her style.
9 out of 10

Nanthan
His model looks uncomfortable, she can barely walk in that 20 lb skirt.
7 out of 10

Andrea
Her dot dress is very boardy. I absolutely hate the back--what the heck is that? Something exploded out her butt!
4 out of 10

Alicia
The front is so sloppy. It's just very strange looking.
6 out of 10

Elena
Her candy falls off, and it's not very unique. It took her a long time to make, but doesn't look like anything. How she came out of that candy store with just that color is beyond me. There was nothing but color in that candy store and she picked the most blah color!
5 out of 10

Fabio
Very gorgeous blue and has an interesting texture.
8 out of 10

Dmitry
I love it: love the frills, love the colors and the way they fade into each other
9 out of 10

Kooan
His candy is dropping, and she looks uncomfortable., The back is really weird.
6 out of 10

Christopher
Amazing! I love the color pattern.
9 out of 10

Raul
His candy looks like fabric. I don't like the colors or the back.
7 out of 10

Buffi
Her model looks like a big ball of cotton candy. Her styling is a bit out there.
7 out of 10

Lantie
This looks way to conventional and she used the umbrella and barely any candy.
4 out of 10

Ven
Oh my, stunning! Looks like stained glass, just like he wanted it to.
10 out of 10

Based on my scores:
My Top 3: Ven, Sonjia, Gunnar/Christopher (tie)
My Bottom 3: Lanti, Elena, Andrea/Kooan (tie)

Their Top 3: Ven, Sonjia, Gunnar
Their Bottom 3: Lantie, Buffi, Elena

I can't believe that both Kooan and Andrea were safe! Wow! Just as expected, Lantie and Buffi are criticized for using more fabric than candy. I can't believe that Lantie used the excuse again about a time factor. That excuse doesn't fly in this competition!! HELLO: EVERYONE has the same limitations, and very many designers made absolutely stunning pieces. You obviously just suck...it's time to go! Elena's dress does look like noodles!

I really think Lantie needs to go this time! It's a tough call for winner, Ven and Sonjia both did an amazing job.

Winner: Ven
Auf Wiedersehen: Lantie

Woohoo! That was a close one! I was really hoping they weren't going to send Buffi home, I like that chick! I think Elena should have been in the bottom 2, instead of Buffi. You could tell that Lantie's heart really wasn't in it, she just really didn't seem to care that much.

No comments: