Thursday, July 12, 2012

American Idol Judging News

Big news today from American Idol. Steven Tyler said he is not returning as a judge. I'm so bummed, I thought he was great, and he was so entertaining! You never knew what he was going to say/do next. His announcement came on the same day that J.Lo hinted at the same news. She said that she thinks it might be time for her to leave. Nothing official, but that doesn't sound good. I liked her too, and I loved her chemistry with Steven.

So that leaves Randy Jackson...again. When, oh when, will he leave? I am so tired of him! We lose good judges, but continue to be stuck with him. I don't think he's going to leave willingly, so I think they need to fire him. At this point, I think they should go with 3 all new judges.

Rumors have been flying about who could be joining the panel. The most notable, and seemingly legitimate, being Adam Lambert! Oh how wonderful that would be. I'm a huge Adam Lambert fan. I think he would bring a lot of good insight to the panel. He's smart, he's talented, he's funny, he's got a lot of personality, and he's been on the other side of the table. Perfect choice, I say. I hope it works out.

Update 7/13/12: Today, it is official that J. Lo is leaving Idol. Another name I've heard tossed around is Mariah Carey. Someone else told me they heard Charlie Sheen...I really hope they were joking!


Update 7/14/12: Two other names added to the list of potential judges: Celine Dion and Mary J. Blige.

Update 7/23/12: It is OFFICIAL--Mariah Carey will be a judge on the next season.

No comments: