Monday, July 16, 2012

The Bachelorette, Ep. 8.10 "Men Tell All"


Not a huge recap tonight, because it's Men Tell All time!

Let's review:

Ryan's a douche: his famous one-liners: “don't gain weight”, “I will still love you, I just won't love on you as much”, “trophy wife”.

Kalon's a douche: “I love when you talk I just wish you'd let me finish”, “run along”, “baggage”

Doug's clueless: total awkwardness—she gives all the signs that she wants kissed, and nothing. She's breaking up with him, and he kisses her....he didn't see it coming.

Travis and Shelly (the egg): they sing “Twinkle, Twinkle” and tuck in the egg...um...Ok. And boy Emily is a horrible singer!

The guys are introduced, and I absolutely love that the crowd totally erupted when Sean's name was announced. He's just too cute when he blushes. 

I love how shocked Ryan was to watch the footage of the guys celebrating when his bags were being picked up, while in the limo he was reminiscing about the friendships that he had built with them. Classic.

Gang up on Kalon time! Big surprise that he says that he's good friends with Chris and Tony...they were all just on Bachelor Pad together. What a sorry excuse for calling Ricki baggage: that after awhile sometimes you just aren't yourself? Umm...no. That's when the REAL YOU shines through.


Kalon in the hot seat. Good luck. Oh look, he's trying to tear up watching his video package. Wow...he didn't see anything wrong with telling Emily to stop talking. He admitted to not knowing that Emily was the Bachelorette and the fact that a child was involved, but he thought it would have showed less character by backing out when finding out after the fact. Hardly! I love how he tries to take Ryan down with him about what happened on the Shakespeare date. Ryan's face had “he's lying” written all over it! I still have no idea what Lindzi sees in him, and I don't know if I will be able to stomach it on Bachelor Pad.

Ryan's turn. “Bachelor Ryan”...that pretty much says it all. He was in it for himself and himself only. Ha! Listening to Ryan talk about himself, Chris looks so disgusted! He rolled his eyes so big that his head rolled and just about did a 360. Thank you Chris Harrison for putting to rest any worries that ABC could make Ryan the next Bachelor. Oh my gosh! He doesn't think there was anything wrong with his statement about gaining weight! And this guy doesn't think he's arrogant?

Chris is scared to take the hot seat. Grow a pair dude! It seems pretty funny to me that he's so upset over losing Emily, because he loved her so much. Yet we saw at the beginning of the show in the Bachelor Pad preview, that he hooks up with at least 3 girls, and he was pretty happy about it.

Finally, everyone's favorite bachelor, Sean! Gosh, he's cute! They just look like they should be a couple. Emily says, “I know that a life with Sean would be perfect. He's everything I've ever wanted, right in front of me. Everything that I've ever prayed for right in front of me, and I'm just choosing to pass it by.” So what happened? I still feel so bad for him. He definitely handled the rejection with class, though. Too bad she can't even give him a clear reason why. It's awesome to hear how the whole experience has helped him to grow and how much Emily has done for him. So sweet! You can tell he really means it.

Ok, time for Emily to face the guys. Gotta love Kalon's disgusted look...he does NOT want to face what she's going to be dishing out at him, that's for sure.

Sean...such a gentleman. Chris...what a copycat! He basically said exactly what Sean said. Apparently, he's too young and immature to come up with his own comments, he has to steal what's already been said to make himself try to look good. 

“I could be engaged to Kalon right now. Thank God for Doug.” Amen sister! Harsh words coming for Kalon (big surprise). She was mad at herself for letting someone like him slip through the cracks. I wondered the same thing, because he gave her more than enough reasons to get rid of him, BEFORE the whole “baggage” episode. He “apologizes” and spouts off some BS about how he is using it as a learning experience. She didn't buy it for one second. Apparently he posted a picture of a baggage claim and said he expected to see Emily there. Of course apologizing now, after that, would be completely sincere. “Sorry, I'm not sorry.” He's honored that she follows him on Twitter! Ha! What a delusional, egotistical, scumbag!

Now, for the absolute best part: the Bloopers! They are always so funny! Emily has quite the potty mouth for such a Southern lady. I can't believe Chris went commando in the kilt! Poor Doug “put that thing away”!

The last thing we learn about Emily? She's a cat lady! Apparently, she video tapes her cats ALL THE TIME. She thought about creating a YouTube channel, but thought she should probably get a man first, because that could be a deal breaker! Ha!

And, that's all folks! Don't forget, the finale is on SUNDAY night, not Monday! And, following the 2 hour finale, is the LIVE After the Final Rose.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear in love with Sean,

I just think Sean has to be the next bachelor! Chris is no dummy-he saw the crowd is in love with him, the ratings would be off the charts!

Anyhow, I would like to know the actual word count between Emily and Arie- I think his answer to any problem is a smooch, and a long one at best. I think my new name for him is hot lips racer!! Also, his lips actually look sore at times.

I know that Jef will be an awesome father and I hope that he can keep Emily's attention, because she is Drama (did you notice I capitalized the D in drama!). I think he has a very tender heart and they will have a whole lot more word count in their conversations then Emily and Arie would of or will have :).

P.S. and speaking of love- I think Chris is ready to be plan C if needed!!!!Looking forward to Sunday night.

Lori Showalter said...

I would love for Sean to be the next Bachelor, HOWEVER, it's already been confirmed that Roberto is the next Bachelor. That isn't to say that he couldn't be the next, next Bachelor :)
Hahs, I love your nickname for Arie, that's grea And he does look like his lips are chapped!t! All they do is make out!
I agree about Jef, and I don't know if drama is the right word for Emily. I think she's more high maintenance than drama.
Chris: that poor boy is just lost. Apparently he's so devastated by losing Emily, that he has to get into the pants of every girl he meets. Are you aware that Bachelor Pad was done filming before the Men Tell All? That means he slept with at least 3 girls before he came on Men Tell All and looked so sad about Emily? Not buying what he's trying to sell!

Anonymous said...

I meant the host of the show-Chris :) What ever happened with Roberto & Alley- did you get the scoop??

Lori Showalter said...

Oooooh! Gotcha! It's confusing with 2 guys named Chris on the show :) lol That would be interesting to have him be the Bachelor. I don't know if he would ever do it or not.

As for Roberto and Ali, here's the scoop from Reality Steve:

"If you’ve followed the timeline, it shouldn’t be all that shocking. It seemed like it was all backwards. I remember after their season ended, Ali was always being quoted as saying they were so in love and wanted to get married tomorrow. Then it turned into, “Well, we live together, so it’s pretty much like we’re married.” Then it was “We had to postpone our wedding for my surgery” which then turned into “We’ve postponed our wedding plans”. I mean, we could all see the writing on the wall going by that timeline. I still think they moved in together waaaaaay too soon."