Thursday, July 5, 2012

Duets, Ep. 1.8 (The Standards)


Singing the Standards (aka “old songs”) ...yuck! Thank goodness it's only an hour show tonight, I don't know if I could make it if it was much longer.

Live Results from Last Week's Vote:
Jason: safe
Olivia: in the bottom 2
J Rome: safe
John: safe
Bridget: in the bottom 2

Going home: Olivia ...America got it right!!!!! It's about time! My vote was right last week. Robin is now the first celebrity to lose both of his partners.

Bridget and John Legend “Unforgettable” (Oh, how I've always hated that song!!)
With the first few words, I'm already bored out of my mind! With a song this terrible, the only good thing I can say about it is that she hit all the notes and blended well with John. Other than that, it was just painful. I kept saying to myself: 'is it over yet?' and 'if they say 'unforgettable' one more time, I'm going to have to cut my ears off. Vocally, it was a good performance, just not my style, AT ALL.

J Rome and Jennifer Nettles, “God Bless the Child”
I think this will be a pretty good song for J Rome. He sings so smoothly and beautifully. It's another great performance. Could someone tell Jennifer to stop singing so low...it's really annoying. Overall, another really good performance.

John and Jennifer Nettles, “Georgia on My Mind”
Both being from the same town in Georgia, this was obviously a perfect choice for them. Another great performance from John. I think he could win the show.

Jason and Kelly Clarkson, “Feeling Good”
This seems like kind of an odd choice for Jason. He's getting so much better each week. He is killing this song! Wow, that was so good! I hope he can get the votes because he's becoming one of my favorites!

My Ranking This Week:
The Top 3 guys with a 'J' are too close to call I think. They all were really good, so they could end up in any order.
1. John
2. Jason
3. J Rome
4. Bridget – going home

Not only was Bridget in the bottom 2, but she sang the slowest, most boring song and performed first. That's 3 strikes, so I think she's out!

No comments: