Thursday, July 12, 2012

Duets, Ep. 1.9


With next week being the finale, tonight's elimination will give us the top 3 finalists. Bridget's song last week was way too boring. My guess is that she will be in the bottom 2. Yep! Jason is through to the finals! Yay! John is the other member of the bottom 2 this week. He should  be safe, but you never know. Yep, I was totally right! That would have been a huge upset if he would have gone, because I think he's been a fan favorite all season. So, we have an all-guy final 3. Jennifer Nettles somehow has both of her contestants left, and Kelly has one, while both John Legend and Robin Thicke have 0.

Hopefully we will have some better, more modern song choices this week. I like the top 3, so I hope they all bring it!


J Rome

His first song is "Breakeven" by The Script. Interesting choice for him, it's not what he normally sings. I gotta say it, what is Jennifer wearing? That blue dress/jacket is absolutely hideous, and the purple hat is just ugly. She's quite the distraction...way to take the attention off of your contestant. It sounds really good, I'm liking it! I could do without Jennifer though, she's kind of ruining it! I'd like to hear him sing it by himself. She's trying to outsing him again, but man, he's really killing it!

His second song is Stevie Wonder's “Signed, Sealed, Delivered”. It's not new or modern, but it should be a good fit for him. He's definitely a better singer without Jennifer, and as a solo artist. His voice is so pure and he's such a good performer. I've never seen him move around on and off the stage so much. Ooh, and he's even got some falsetto! He definitely jazzed up that version and it was really good!

Jason

His first song is “Me And Mrs. Jones” by Billy Paul. OK, yuck! Hate that song! There's a billion songs in the world, and you can't pick anything better than that? And like Kelly said, “I can't sing that. 'Me and Mrs. Jones'? That's a different song, y'all”. Ha! I love Kelly! So, he of course sings the song really well, even if it is a stupid old song. I'm sure his second song will be even better.

His second song is “Runaway Baby” by Bruno Mars. Wow, he really pulled that off! That was a really fun performance! I don't know if it was the best performance vocally, but it was a really great song choice and it brought the house down.

John

His first song is “The Prayer” by Andrea Bocelli and Celine Dion. Quite the big song, but I'm sure he will perform it beautifully. And already, he's outshining Jennifer. I'll be glad for the solos, so we don't have to listen to her any more. At least she lost the hat for this performance. His voice is so powerful. Ooh, he's a little sharp towards the end, but the song ends beautifully.

His second song is “Bless The Broken Road” by Rascal Flatts. Absolutely perfect song for him. It could have been written for him. I can't find the right word to describe John's voice, he's just so good! Great performance, he couldn't have performed it any better.

America has a very tough choice. I really can't pick a favorite! After each performance, I think that one is my favorite, and then the next one sings. It's so hard!

If I had to rank them tonight, I think J Rome was the strongest on both songs. I think John and Jason were pretty even, but Jason might have a slight edge, seeing as John was in the bottom 2 this week. It's going to be a very close vote, I think.

No comments: