Thursday, July 5, 2012

Big Brother 14, Meet The Players

Very ironically, just today, I was scoping out the CBS website to see if the cast had been revealed for the next season of Big Brother, because the premiere is July 12. I found nothing. However, just a couple hours later, on my Facebook newsfeed, you guessed it, CBS announced that the new cast was being revealed! It totally made my day! As I began reading, the most exciting news of all was Season 14 will feature a Hantz!!! No, not Russell. No, not his older brother Sean. No, not Sean's son, Brandon. We will now get to meet another member of the Hantz family, Russell and Sean's younger brother Willie.

Just as last year, there will be some returning houseguests, who haven't been revealed yet. None of the four appeared last year, so it will be fun to see who comes back! But, in Big Brother fashion, there's a twist: the returning players are playing a separate game, for separate money.

My first impressions of the cast:
  • I can't wait to meet Willie Hantz! He looks a lot like Russell, with that very sneaky, manipulative looking grin. Which family member will he be the most like: Russell? Sean? Brandon? Only time will tell, but to the question of which Big Brother contestant you liked or disliked the most, he said: "My least favorite was Rachel because I would have shot myself if I was in that house with her. There is nobody I really respected who ever played the game." Who does that sound like? On his bio, he also said the hardest part of living in the House will be eating slop, because he is used to his roommate's (his Mom's) cooking. Ha! 
  • There are lots of pretty girls (no big surprise), but where are all the hot guys? Seriously?! Shane is probably the best looking of the group. I guess we'll have to hope for some good-looking returning players.
  • OK, so what's up with Wil? I seriously thought he was a girl at first glance! Come on, admit it, you thought the same thing! What guy wears their hair like that? He looks like he could be Fabio's son. He also looks quite a bit like "Fabio" from Survivor, only that Fabio had much better looking hair.
  • This is mean, but I can't stop laughing at Ian's picture! Wow...that poor guy! Someone needs to give him a pair of glasses from this century, or even better, contacts. That would help him tremendously. Being an engineer, he looks like he belongs on a different "Big" show: The Big Bang Theory, not Big Brother! That was a good one, if I do say so myself! Ha!
So, let's meet the cast! I'd love to know what everyone else thinks, so leave a comment with your first impressions!

The Girls
AshleyAshley Iocco


Age: 26
Hometown: Pittsburgh, PA (lives in West Hollywood, CA)
Occupation: Owner of a Mobile Spray Tanning Company
Strategy for Winning the Game: "Play everyone! I will come off as the dumb ditzy blonde, but take it to the end because I'm actually really smart and good at reading through people’s lies."
DanielleDanielle Murphree


Age: 23
Hometown: Grant, AL (lives in Tuscaloosa, AL)
Occupation: Nurse
Strategy for Winning the Game: "To be considered someone that isn't a threat and someone that doesn't seem very smart. The people that are a threat are usually eliminated first."
JennJenn Arroyo


Age: 37
Hometown: Brooklyn, NY
Occupation: Musician/Former Bass Player for the Female Metal Group "Kittie"
Strategy for Winning the Game: "I'm going to be me. It's a simple answer, but a fun twisted puzzle to unfold."
JodiJodi Rollins


Age: 42
Hometown: Englewood, CO (lives in Calipatria, CA)
Occupation: Restaurant Server
Strategy for Winning the Game: "I will let people underestimate me."
JoJoJojo Spatafora


Age: 26
Hometown: Staten Island, NY
Occupation: Bartender
Strategy for Winning the Game: "Of course I have a strategy, but is it smart to tell you? Is this a trick question?"
KaraKara Monaco


Age: 29
Hometown: Orlando, FL (lives in Los Angeles, CA)
Occupation: Model
Strategy for Winning the Game: "I don't know if you can really have a strategy when it comes to Big Brother, but you have to be great competitively and socially."
The Guys
FrankFrank Eudy


Age: 28
Hometown: Marion, AR (lives in Naples, FL)
Occupation: Unemployed
Strategy for Winning the Game: "Absolutely. Numbers are important, so I want to set up a "Dream Team," all playing certain roles. I would need a Larry Bird, a good country boy or girl who's honest and competitive; a Charles Barkley, an unmovable object possibly with a bit of a harsh attitude; a Patrick Ewing, somebody that knows the game and is reliable; a Michael Jordan, somebody who's a baller that can win competitions; and me as Magic Johnson, friendly guy playing point and running the show."
IanIan Terry


Age: 21
Hometown: Pittsburgh, PA (lives in New Orleans, LA)
Occupation: Engineering Student at Tulane University
Strategy for Winning the Game: "I want to make an alliance with about six people and I'd like to be seen as maybe the fourth strongest in the group, that way it wouldn't be me going up if the other side gained the power."
JoeJoe Arvin


Age: 41
Hometown: Lexington, KY (lives in Schererville, IN)
Occupation: Chef
Strategy for Winning the Game: "I plan to use my cooking skills to help get me to the end. Every one loves to eat, never get rid of the cook!"
ShaneShane Meaney


Age: 26
Hometown: Bennington, VT
Occupation: House Flipper
Strategy for Winning the Game: "Make friends with people in the house while maintaining my competitive nature...oh, and have fun!"
WilWil Heuser


Age: 24
Hometown: Louisville, KY
Occupation: Marketing Consultant
Strategy for Winning the Game: "I would probably not tell the other roommates my profession and play the "nice guy," "someone you can trust" role. I think I would let alliances form first and then manipulate my way into control of the game. "
WillieWillie Hantz


Age: 34
Hometown: Vinton, LA (lives in Dayton, TX)
Occupation: Tankerman
Strategy for Winning the Game: "To make as much confusion in the house in order to take the attention off of me."

All photos and information taken from CBS.com

No comments: