Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Voice, Ep. 3.7: Blind Auditions

Sylvia Yacoub
She's from Egypt! She's got a good voice but she's doing way too many runs. She isn't quite on point in a couple places. I've heard better. Of course Christina would pick her. Props to Adam for not turning around.

IJ Quinn
He talks so high! He sounds like he just sucked helium out of a balloon! Jamiroquai's "Virtual Insanity" is the perfect song for that voice. He's not great though. His voice kept cracking, especially at the end. Maybe next year. Poor guy, they all thought he was a girl.

Charlie Rey
I'll just say what all the girls in the audience were screaming about...he's cute! And yes, he can sing too! Yay, Blake turned around and then Adam too! I think he would be a good fit for either team.

Amanda Brown
She's a background singer who should probably stay in the background. I didn't find her outstanding in any way. Nice job Cee Lo for picking another mediocre singer.

Yolanda Barber
Right away she has a strike against her with me...the song...I've always hated it. She may be 55 but, she doesn't need to sing so old fashioned. This is 2012 and it's mostly a pop competition. She's good, but she doesn't really fit into this type of competition.

Cassadee Pope
My girl! I love her! I've listened to her group, Hey Monday, for several years and I LOVE her and them. I was so sad when they got dropped by their label, and have now broken up. And even though I don't really think it's fair for people who have had record deals and some minor success to be competing with people who haven't (their song "Candles" was covered on Glee for goodness sake!)...I am still super excited for her!

I've always thought that she has such a pure voice and it's just so pitch-perfect. And she is so beautiful! I will say, tonight, it seemed like she was a bit nervous and I did hear a few pitch issues, which is so unlike her. I know she has what it takes to win it all, and I'm totally rooting for her! I love that Adam and Blake turned around for her right away. Even though she had some issues, the judges obviously saw her potential. I would have loved for her to have picked Adam, but Blake is just as good of a choice, so still happy!

No comments: