Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Next: Chicago

Julian Bell--Joe Jonas
He sings John Mayer's "Waiting on the World to Change". It's so cool to see him singing something so unexpected. He does not look like he should have that voice, or be that good, and play guitar! I really like this guy.

Janelle Kroll-John Rich
John has some interesting advice for her, that she really doesn't want to hear: sing without any instruments. I think he's right. I'm not as big a fan of her as John is, though. She sings Janet Jackson's "Together Again". She sounded decent at first when it was a capella, but as soon as the music started, it was pretty awful. I think the song choice was a huge part of it. I liked her in the taped pieces, but on stage, I don't think it worked at all. I really think any other song would have been better. It just didn't sound right with that song.

Jabari--Nelly
He sings a great song: Bruno Mars's "Grenade". He has a really nice tone. The song got better the further he got. He really started singing with some passion and power. It was good, but not spectacular.

Iliana--Gloria Estefan
She is such a pretty girl. She sings Adele's "Set Fire to the Rain" (great choice). I got goosebumps as soon as she started singing. I think she's the most talented singer of the night, but she needs to be careful not to overdue it.

And the winner from Chicago is: Iliana

No comments: