Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Big Brother, Ep. 14.28: The Finale

It's finale night! I can't wait to see what happens!

1st round HOH:
It is revealed that 15 minutes before voting Shane out, Dan got Ian to promise to throw round 1 of the HOH. And as promised, Ian falls. Dan then convinces Danielle to also throw the first round. Are you kidding me? How many times Danielle, how many times? You're just handing Dan the game.

2nd round HOH: Danielle vs Ian
Ian edges out Danielle by a little more than a minute. Uh oh.

Dan celebrates when Ian wins, which makes Danielle think he's working with Ian and not her. Danielle tells Ian that if he takes Dan to the finsls, she will make sure that no one on the jury votes for him. Ian doesn't know what to say other than he doesn't respond to threats. In private, he tells Dan to behave himself because he doesn't want to have to deal with Danielle. Dan is happy with himself because he's very close to getting Ian to throw him the last and final round of HOH.

I have to be honest, at this point I'm totally lost as to what Dan is doing! I never know who he's actually telling the truth to, if he's even telling anyone the truth. He's telling people to throw it, he's telling people to pretend their mad..I have no idea what's going on!

3rd round HOH: Dan vs Ian
Weird side note-as Dan and Ian sit with their names in front of them, I realize that their names are identical except for the first letter. Even weirder: Dan and Danielle--same name, different gender.

Ian wins 5-2! Wow. I think Danielle might be screwed. Ian hasn't shown any interest in taking Danielle to the finals. His only final 2 deal is with Dan.

Ian honors his word to Dan and evicts Danielle.

How will the jury vote? I have a feeling Dan could come away with the win. Juries tend to look past "mean" gameplay and see it as strategic and worthy of the win.

Questions from the jury:
Ian needs a new answer...you can't answer every question with "I had to take my fate into my own hands".

The last dupe of the season: Danielle asks Dan if he would have taken her, he says yes because she was his player. Ian says he didn't know they had a final 2 deal and that Dan gave Ian his grandfather's gold cross as collateral that their deal was legitimate. Me thinks Dan threw the final round of the HOH, knowing Ian would take him. Me thinks Dan just told ANOTHER lie (which can't be proven) to try to regain Danielle's trust for the millionth time. The aftermath of this last dupe? Ian's pissed that he believed Dan and Danielle sports her beyond shocked face just like when Shane was evicted.

I still have no idea how the votes are going to go. Shane and Frank are obviously still bitter. Danielle will probably fall for Dan's lie...again. I'm pretty sure Britney is voting for Dan. The others? Not really sure.

The final pleas: Ian relied on statistics and calling out Dan. Dan, again laid it on real thick. He talks such a good game. That's why everyone falls for it..every time! As many awful things as he did, he still manages to justify everything so legitimately, so you believe every word he says. I know for me, when he's done talking, I always say to myself "that makes total sense!"

One of THE BEST quotes of the night,  Wil: "This is Big Brother, don't hold a grudge against the person lying to you. Take some responsibilty, you fell for it, so be mad at yourself." Exactly!

The Votes for the Winner of BB14, and $500,000: Ian!

Dan wins $50,000 for 2nd place (not too shabby).

Danielle--Dan
Shane--Ian
Jenn--Ian
Joe--Ian
Frank--Ian
Britney--Ian
Ashley--Ian

I said from the beginning that I thought Ian could win it all, and people laughed at me and thought I was crazy! Ha!

I'm shocked that Britney voted for Ian. She praised Dan so much and really stood up for him when Frank was attacking him, I thought for sure her vote would be for him.

America's Favorite Houseguest, and winner of $25,000: Frank!

Gotta say, this season was awesome-so much fun! Great characters, lots of blindsides...couldn't have asked for more. Thanks BB!

No comments: