Friday, September 14, 2012

The Voice, Ep. 3.1: Blind Auditions

Yay for Season 3 of The Voice! Go Team Adam and Team Blake!

Through the many blind auditions, I'm only going to comment singers who stand out (good or bad) to me.

I love when the coaches perform together...I wouldn't mind more of that (yes, I know it's supposed to be about the contestants)...never need an excuse to see more of Adam :)

And here we go!

First guy up is Terry from Scotland. He had a very clean and powerful voice. I kept wondering why no one was turning around! Then at the VERY last second, Adam, Blake and Cee Lo turned around. And the winner is Blake!

De'borah-I'm sorry...I REALLY thought she was a guy! Yikes! But, whoa...didn't expect that voice! It's good, but could be mistaken for a guy. It scares me that I like her...her voice, not sure about the rest of her though. Surprise (not)...Cee Lo turned around. Those 2 are meant for each other. Christina also turned around, but I don't think she stands a chance. But I was totally wrong...she chose Christina.

It didn't take Adam and Blake more than a few words before they pushed the button for the amazing yodeler, Gracia. As soon as she hit the yodeling section, that got Cee Lo. Wow, she was good. I am not a country fan, but I loved it. So did Adam because he fought HARD for her! But big surprise, she chooses Blake!

Bryan was amazing. I love his voice. He got all 4 coaches to turn around. I'm pulling for Adam to snag him. Woohoo! Adam got a good one!

Joe Kirkland of Artist vs Poet (I've actually heard of them) is up next. Can't go wrong with an All American Reject song. I love him! I'm a huge fan of his type of music...punk/alternative. If enough people are into it too, he could do very well. Ooh, I've got goosebumps! Thank you for turning around immediately Adam and Blake (my favorite coaches)! I know Adam would be good for him, Blake might be ok, but I'm glad the other 2 didn't turn around because I don't think they would appreciate his style. I love Blake's argument: "I wear vests too. I can see us doing matchy things." Ha! Woohoo! Another GREAT pick for Adam!!

Overall, I'm really impressed with a lot of the singers from just the first night! It's going to be a long hard season, which means it's going to be amazing! I definitely think Adam and Blake absolutely got the best singers on this first night (no contest...Cee Lo's 2 and Christina's 2 don't interest me in the least, while I like both of Adam's and both of Blake's)...as usual, they have the best taste...which is why they have each won a season.

No comments: