Sunday, September 23, 2012

Project Runway, Ep. 10.10

Challenge: design a look for the Rockettes that is versatile enough to be worn year round.

The Runway

Dmitry
Very futuristic looking. I think it's a little too much skin showing for the Rockettes though. I like it. The colors are really cool and it's very well made and fits the model extremely well.
9

Melissa
I don't like the pointy top. The shapes just don't seem to make much sense. She kind of looks like she belongs on the Flintstones.
6

Ven
It's a nice outfit, but it's not a dance outfit or a showstopper. It's very, very dull and boring. I really hope he's in the bottom. Tim criticized his piece and when given a chance to go back to Mood, he stayed behind.
6

Elena
It's definitely really shiny! I think you could see it from a mile away. It looks like a cross between a high school majorette and an Egyptian costume.
7

Christopher
I love the idea of making the New York skyline, but the light silver fabric makes it very hard to see from a distance. His model looks ill. She has extremely pale skin and this light fabric plus the sheer, see-through hose almost disappears on her. It doesn't do anything for her at all. It makes her look like some sort of ice princess. I can't imagine the Rockettes wearing this.
6

Sonjia
Hers is by far the most different. I like the shiny purple and the purple feathers are kind of cool. However, she looks more like a cheerleader or a bird than a Rockette.
7

Fabio
His outfit looks more like armor than a dance costume. I don't get it at all.
6

Top 3: Dmitry, Christopher, Melissa
Bottom 3: Sonjia, Ven, Elena

The Winner: Christopher
Auf Wiedersehen: Ven!

That's a shocker! I'm really surprised that Elena made it longer than he did. I was really ready to see him and his overinflated ego go.

No comments: