Monday, September 17, 2012

The Voice, Ep. 3.4: Blind Auditions

Melanie Martinez-very strange and unique girl. I don't know if I like her or not. The judges really love her, though. I appreciate the originality of the way she changed the Britney Spears "Toxic" song. Plus she played guitar and the tambourine with her feet!

Cupid-not really a fan. I don't know why his song went viral. I think he's got a good voice, but he's not memorable. Apparently the coaches thought the same...no one turned around.

Brian Scartocci-1 strike...I hate the song "Isn't She Lovely". I think he screams a little too much. The song didn't really call for that, so it just seemed too overdone. Hoping he goes to Cee Lo's team. He said going in that that's who he was going to ho with...but he chooses Adam. I don't see him going very far. He seems like a nice guy though.

Beat Frequency (duo)-the girl starts and she's quite shaky. The guy comes in and their harmony is not great. When he sings by himself, he's good, but I do not like them together. If anyone was going to turn around, I'm glad Christina was the only one. Adam and Blake did not need them on their team.

Tyler Lillestol-he does not look like he should have that soulful R&B sound. Very interesting. I think he's pretty good...but no one turns around. I'm kind of surprised, I thought at least one would.

Liz Davis-why do I know her? I feel like she was on another singing show. Sure enough, a little research and I am correct. Not only was she on MTV's "Starmaker", but she won it! Apparently, even P. Diddy's show wasn't enough to make her a star. No surprise, she chooses Blake. I'm going to just say it...she should not be allowed to compete. It's one thing to appear on more than one show, but to already win? That should disqualify you automatically. You had a chance already, give others a chance.

JR Aquino-he's ok, but not great. Not sure how he has millions of followers on YouTube. His nerves got the best of him and he was very shaky. Adam, why did you turn around at the last second? Thank you Cee Lo for saving Adam, so he can have better singers!

Agina Alvarez-whoa! Where did that huge voice come from? She had a record deal before, and no one turned around. Ouch.

Nicholas David-Yuck! Not a fan of his look at all! Lose the beard. Strange look, strange voice. He'll be perfect for Cee Lo, who turned around first. Hopefully, he'll be the only one. Whew!

Alessandra Guercio-she is really pretty! Beautiful voice! Yes, Adam turns around! Darn, Cee Lo turned around at the last second. And Adam is the winner! She definitely wasn't perfect and showed some nerves, but I think she can get better.

Avery Wilson-following the mold of the first 2 winners of The Voice, this guy has a lot of potential to do well...and he is only 16! He was very good. I like him a lot. Good luck nabbing this gem Adam or Blake! But he chooses Cee Lo? What?

No comments: