Saturday, September 8, 2012

America's Next Top Model, Season 19: College Edition

I just got a chance to watch the official first episode of Season 19 (I don't count the episode when they are choosing the finalists).

My first impression is that I LOVE THIS SEASON! Here's why:

1. I love the new scoring system! It brings a whole new dimension to the judging panel. One thing that has always bugged me is that you never really knew how well people were doing. You couldn't always go by what the judges were saying. Now, you csn follow along and actually compare each of the models. And I love that the scores are a combination of the competition, the judges and America.

2. I love that America has a say! Finally, it won't just be about who the judges fall in love with.

3. I love the new judge Rob Evans! He's cute, he's funny, and you gotta love the accent.

4. I love the new creative consultant, Johnny Wujek.

A few things I'm not loving so much:

1. I wish Nigel, Mr. Jay and Miss Jay hadn't left, and I wish they would have gotten rid of Kelly Cutrone.

2. I like the idea of a college edition, but there is so much drama and immaturity. Oh wait, that happens every season. Never mind.

Overall, I'm really excited about all of the changes this season. A makeover was way overdue. The show had been the same for too long. I think it's going to be a great season!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don’t mind the new scoring system, but I’m a little confused on how that works because this isn’t filmed in real-time, so I’m assuming they must have a panel of people they allow to vote on the girls? I have to admit I have become a fan of Victoria in a creepy sort of way. I missed this past episode because of my new work schedule at Dish. I’m glad I set my Hopper to record this season, I’m all about Tyra’s new looks, and who is the real diva of the season. I’m sure this cycle will be drawn out, I’m glad I have over 2,000 hours of recording space on my DVR, so I won’t miss any Victoria’s mommy moments.

Lori Showalter said...

I wasn't too sure about the fan scoring either, but according to CW's website, it looks like it was all done via social media during filming. So, no, it isn't done in real time, but anyone who was following the show could vote as they posted the pictures from the photo shoots.

I was really creeped out by Victoria's obsession with her mom in the first episode, but she was much more tolerable in the second...even though she didn't choose to have the makeover. I really thought it was going to be her wanting to go home instead of Maria. I figured that she missed her mom to much to be away from her that long.