Saturday, September 15, 2012

Project Runway, Ep. 10.9

The challenge: create a textile design and look that is inspired by tgeir heritage.

This is always such an interesting challenge. I love seeing the prints that they create.

The Runway

Sonjia
I'm not really sure what I think about hers. The print isn't that attractive, and there is so much of it with it being pants. The top is pretty boring.
7

Elena
Her print and her look are so different from what she normally does. From far away, the print is pretty, but up close not so much. Again, I'm not really sure what I think about the look as a whole.
7

Christopher
I really like his print, but the dress has been done a million times. The construction also looks like it has some issues.
7

Ven
Can we just say that he does the exact same thing every time? We get it, you can make flowers out of fabric! And then to use a very literal flower for the print? I get it that it has religious significance, but don't make it so obvious. The look is done very well as usual, though. It's a good thing he listened to Tim...I still can't believe he told him that it looked like a tribute to a menstrual cucle because it looked like a bunch of maxi pads!
8

Fabio
His print looks like a bunch of scribbles, but when you pull back, it is really interesting. Then you find out that he dre a bunch of penises and vaginas? Yikes! Why? At least I don't see what he's talking about, so hopefully no one else does either. His look as a whole is pretty boring. He only used the print on the vest. Everything else is just black.
6

Melissa
Her print is definitely very busy, but from far away, it looks nice. Her dress isn't very original or outstanding, but it is pretty and done well.
9

Gunnar
I love this! I love the print, I love the style, I love everything about it. Just like Mondo, his creation has a very deep and personal meaning for him. I love the print up close and then when you pull away, it looks completely different. This is just awesome, I hope he wins.
10

Dmitry
I hope enough of his print is showing. I like the print and the shapes, and I think the way he cut the shapes out of the jacket so you could see the print underneath is an interesting idea. It's like a magic act: how did he get the pieces to look like they are floating?
9

The Top 3: Dmitry, Sonjia, Melissa
The Bottom 3: Ven, Gunnar, Christopher

Wow! I can't believe the judges hated Gunnar's! Boy, was I wrong...the judgrs did not see what I did apparently.

I think Ven might be the most polished designer, but his attitude and inability to do anything different is the reason that he should be the one to go. I think it was interesting that the judges brought Tim in on their deliberation. I think they should do that for every challenge!

The Winner: Dmitry
Auf Wiedersehen: Gunnar

I really think Ven should have gone home. Boo!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I completely agree that it should have been Ven going home. He does the same thing every week! I was glad the judges finally said something to him about it. I guess now we’ll see if he can do more than one kind of design. I’m definitely going to miss Gunnar. I work late nights at Dish, so I’m never home when this show is on. That’s the main reason I’m glad I can count on my Hopper to record it for me to enjoy as soon as I get home. I'm such an addict. I’m already looking forward to next week’s episode with the Rockettes!