Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Voice, Ep. 4.12

Team Blake

Savannah Berry vs. Justin Rivers
-Savannah chose a Justin Bieber song...wow! This is going to be interesting. She is definitely putting her spin on it, that's for sure. The music is totally drowning her out, what's going on? I really like her and I really want to like this, but something just isn't working. The best part was the ending that she sang with almost no accompaniment.
-Justin chooses a Miley Cyrus song...also very interesting choice. He started off with some really strange notes. It sounds like he started too high. It got much better when he got to the chorus. He had some very powerful notes at the end.
Winner: Justin

Holly Tucker vs. Luke Edgemon
-Holly chooses a very overdone country song: "Live Like We Were Dying". Very expected and not very original. She struggled on some of the really high notes, but otherwise it was decent.
-Luke chooses "Teenage Dream" by Katy Perry...wow! Interesting song choice. He made the song almost unrecognizable, it was so different. I don't think I care for what he did with it. He sounded great, but it was way too slow and boring.
Winner: Holly

Danielle Bradberry vs. Taylor Beckham
-Danielle does Carrie Underwood's "Jesus Take The Wheel". This young girl can flat out sing! She is amazing! Very beautiful.
-Taylor started out way too low, and it was very shaky. I really wanted to like it, but her notes were all wrong! It was very, very scattered and all over the place. That's too bad.
Winner: Danielle

Grace Askew vs. The Swon Brothers
-Grace has such a unique voice, but it's too unique, and it's borderline (or not so borderline) just annoying and screechy. I just find myself thinking 'how much longer is this' and 'when will this be over'...just painful.
-The Swon Brothers picked one of my all-time hated songs..."Drift Away". It's sad that these guys are my only hope of getting Grace out. I don't see it happening. Groups don't usually go this far, and she's just way too unique. Their problem is that they don't do anything interesting. They play their guitars and harmonize, but it's nothing special.
Winner: The Swon Brothers (Whoa! I'm shocked!)

Team Usher

Josiah vs. Jess Kelner
-Josiah picked "Back to Black" by Amy Winehouse, which I love! I think he's gonna kill it! He looks so good with that guitar! I love his voice.
-Jess picked "You Give Me Something" by James Morrison, which I also love! Her voice is so different, it's hard to tell if she's missing the notes or if that's just how she sounds. I don't care for her take on this song. She definitely screeched on that high note.
---Side note: I agree with Adam, I think they should have done each other's songs!
Winner: Josiah

Audrey Karrasch vs. Michelle Chamuel
-Audrey started out singing so low, and you couldn't make out any of the words she was saying. What the heck is she singing? It's almost like she didn't know any of the words and was just mumbling through it. Not to mention her pitch was awful.
-Michelle is singing a Pink song, which should be really good. This girl is just so strangely awesome. She always has so much energy, and she really can sing! She also has a lot of character and personality.
Winner: Michelle

C. Perkins vs. Vedo
-C. is the underdog for me on this one. I love Vedo, and C. was already eliminated. I think he's not as good as Vedo. His microphone sounded like it was off at the beginning. He had a lot of stage presence, but the vocals just weren't that good. And his last note really cracked!
-Vedo's voice is just amazing. I don't always love R&B singers, but he is so good! Not sure about his Bryan Adam's song choice. It's gonna be tough to get it right. He was a little shaky, but it was a much better performance than C. There was a lot of feeling and meaning behind the song. It was really beautiful.
Winner: Vedo

Cathia vs Ryan Innes
-Cathia picked a Kelly Clarkson song, this should be interesting with her Spanish accent. She seemed to be chasing the song at the beginning. The second half of the song was better and stronger. She threw in some crazy high notes, but most of it seemed a bit to screechy.
-Ryan is singing a great Gavin DeGraw song, which I love! He just doesn't look like he should have the voice that he does. Very strong performance, but a little too over the top.
Winner: Cathia

No comments: