Wednesday, April 3, 2013

American Idol, Ep. 12.25 & 12.26

It's Rock Week...

Burnell - "You Give Love a Bad Name"
Very different song style for Burnell. It suits him better than last week, that's for sure. And oh look! He's not just standing behind the microphone stand! He kind of missed his cue to start the song, and missed the first word, but other than that, it was really good and I really enjoyed it! It helps that I love that song, but he sang it well and did it justice.
My Score: A-

Angie & Lazaro - "Crazy Little Thing Called Love"
I wasn't so sure about this pairing, but I think they did a good job. Uh oh, looks like Lazaro might have forgotten the words again.
My Score: B+

Kree - "Piece of My Heart"
This song takes a lot of passion and grit to sing well. I think she did a pretty good job with it. It's been done so many times, and I don't really think she did anything fun and unique with it. I think she sounded like a lot of other people who have sung it before. I wasn't blown away, but it was still good.
My Score: A-

Candice & Burnell - "The Letter"
They make a pretty good duo. I was all prepared to not really like this, but I think they did a really good job on a song that I don't really like that much.
My Score: A-

Janelle - "You May Be Right"
Very strange song choice. Not sure if I'm buying it or not. The notes are there, it's just odd. The last phrase that she kind of screamed in a very high pitch was just not right.
My Score: B-

Lazaro - "We Are The Champions"
This is either going to be really good or an epic fail. The song is just way too big for him. His voice sounded good, but I don't think there was any way he could do the song justice. His accent also really stuck out on this song more than others for some reason.
My Score: B-

Amber, Janelle & Kree - "Still Rock and Roll to Me"
All the country accents just don't sound right on songs like this. Amber was really out of her league on this one. Kree and Janelle were much better.
My Score: B

Candice - "I Can't Get No Satisfaction"
Great song choice for her. I think she gets better every week. It's kind of ridiculous how good she is.
My Score: A

Amber - "What About Love"
Wow, this is surprisingly really good! This is her best performance yet! She sang the heck out of that! I think she even beat Candice tonight!
My Score: A+

Angie - "Bring Me To Life"
This is going to be amazing, I just know it! I love this song! I love that she went back to the piano. The only thing I wasn't sure about was if she could bring the gothic intensity that that song requires. She did that. It was amazing! Loved it!
My Score: A+


The Results:

Top 3: Kree, Angie, Lazaro (cue shocked faces around America)
Safe: Candice and Amber saved last (not sure if Amber was actually in the bottom 3 or not)

Bottom 2: Burnell and Janelle

Going Home: Burnell--no save

2 comments:

Aunt Jane said...

ARGH! Just get ready to get shocked some more. Something is very wrong with this show. It's working because I'm frustrated enough to keep watching, so I can boo at it. I think the idol sound system sucks!!!!When Carrie Underwood sounds bad,then you know the sound system is off. That's why America is getting different vibes than the judges do listening live. Wrong, wrong, wrong, of them to have tricked the judges into giving top 3 picks & telling the world what they were. Idol has some insane producers. Too bad ruined a good show, that gave people who wouldn't have an oportunity a chance to be discovered. Just sad.

Lori Showalter said...

Yes, I agree. I suggest giving The Voice a try. It has quickly become my favorite singing competition (I never thought I would like another singing show more than Idol). The Voice truly is about the talent...and it's ALL very good. Any one of them could win Idol in a heartbeat. Plus the judges are coaches and they are all SO LIKEABLE! The bickering is playful and ADDS to the show rather than take away from it. Give it a try and you will see the difference. You would enjoy it, I'm sure.

Oh, and if you can't take watching Idol anymore, you could just read my blog to find out what happens each week :)