Monday, April 22, 2013

The Voice, Ep. 4.9

Team Adam

Midas Whale vs Patrick Dodd
Huge fan of Midas Whale, and former American Idol contestant Jon Peter Lewis. I hope they win! Patrick has too much grit in his voice for me. It's a little uncomfortable to listen to at times. Midas Whale is just so much fun to watch and listen to. I'm not crazy about this song choice. I don't think any of them sounded particularly great on it. At times you couldn't really hear any of them singing. Adam sure was enjoying it, though.
Winner: Midas Whale

Team Blake

Jacqui Sandell vs Savannah Berry
I really liked Savannah in her audition and she's killing it again! Love this girl! But Jacqui is really good too. This song was a really good choice for both of them. They harmonize really well. I don't even like country, but I loved this! I think I would still go with Savannah.
Winner: Savannah

Team Shakira

Luke Edgemon vs Monique Adadie
I'm really surprised that Luke sounds this good on a Lady Gaga song. The song really suits Monique very well. I love their interaction with each other. He looks like he's having a blast. Wow, they are both so good! Whoa, he just hit a crazy high falsetto note! I don't know who to choose. I guess if I had to, I would pick Monique.
Winner: Monique (interesting strategy, she chose her because the other coaches seemed very excited about Luke and she's hoping someone will steal him)
-Blake for the steal...but wait...Usher also comes in with his button, but he ends up choosing Team Blake.

C. Perkins vs Kris Thomas
These 2 seem pretty evenly matched. I think this song is great for both of them. C. seems to be a little nasally. Even though C.'s voice is good, I think I prefer Kris's voice.
Winner: Kris
Steal: Shocker! C. was on his way out, got to Usher's chair and THEN he pushed his button, just to make him sweat a little.

Team Usher

Jessica Childress vs Vedo
I'm really excited for this battle, it is going to be so close because they are both really good, and in rehearsals are sounding really good together. I don't think I've been this torn in the Battle Rounds as I am with these 2! They are both so incredibly good. I would be shocked if there isn't a steal on this one. I think if I had to choose, I would probably take Jessica.
Winner: Vedo (what?! no steal?!)

Orlando Dixon vs Ryan Innes
Orlando's voice is just insane. The runs he does are out of this world! I really like Ryan's voice though, too. He's really good, and it's kind of surprising coming from him. Orlando was really feeling the song. I'm surprised these 2 actually sound so good together. They look like a very unlikely pair. Whoa, and out of nowhere, Ryan lays it out! Orlando is my pick, but I fully expect a steal.
Winner: Ryan
Steal: Adam! woohoo! I'm so glad he got saved!

No comments: