Monday, April 8, 2013

The Voice, Ep. 4.5

Team Adam

Michael Austin - His voice is surprising when you look at him. Parts of the performance are really good, but there's also some pitch issues. I think Adam and Shakira might have wished that they hadn't turned around so quickly. Obviously Blake, being the country guy, heard something he didn't like, or he didn't like enough to turn around. I'm a little disappointed he's on Adam's team. I think there are a lot of stronger singers.

Sasha Allen - She does not look like she should be singing country. The song started out way too low. As the song moved along, she got a lot stronger. When she was away from the low notes, it was very spot-on and very powerful. Overall, she really killed it, but there were some parts that didn't sound too good. I'm a little surprised the coaches were as excited as they were for it. She's definitely a great singer, but I've heard better.

Amy Whitcomb

Team Blake

Caroline Glaser - Elton John is a very interesting song choice. Right from the start you can tell that she has a very unique voice. She has a lot of talent and she did a really interesting performance of the song. Really unexpected, especially when you look at her.

Justin Rivers

Michelle Raitzin

Grace Askew - Whoa, what a strange voice! I'm not sure I like it. She looks like she "walked" right out of the 70s with  her beehive-esque hair, singing "those boots were made for walkin'...". Wow, I'm just speechless...I'm not sure if she's brilliantly unique or just strangely bad.

Team Shakira

Shawna P - She has an amazing, raspy voice. She sounds a little like Melissa Etheridge. She's an older contestant, but she seems like she could be relevant now. I'm surprised that I enjoyed her performance as much as I did. We haven't heard anyone like her yet in the competition.

Mary Miranda - She has a beautiful Spanish voice. She really rocked that Selena song.

Team Usher

Jeff Lewis - The pressure is on, singing an Usher song. I really like the way he changed it up, and I'm a total sucker for a cute guy and a guitar. Absolutely love his performance. I would by his album right now. I don't know what took the coaches so long to turn around!

Jamila Thompson

Ryan Innes - Whoa, 1 word in and Adam turned around! He does not look like the type of guy who would sing John Mayer. He's really good, though. He has a really good falsetto voice as well as his regular voice. He threw a ton of runs in that song, wow.

No comments: