Wednesday, April 10, 2013

American Idol, Ep. 12.27 & 12.28

The contestants have to sing 2 songs this week.

Angie
Song 1: I don't think I know this song. She sounds really good, though. It's a little on the boring side, unfortunately. My Score: B+

Song 2: I'm so glad she went back to the piano. Absolutely beautiful! Her voice is just amazing. My Score: A

Average Score: A-

Amber
Song 1: Not my favorite song...at all. She sounds great, though. She's really stepping it up the last couple weeks. My Score: A

Song 2: What a dumb song to pick for the "what song do you wish you sang" song...I hate that song. Her first song was much, much better. She sounded like she was screeching for those high notes. My Score: B-

Average Score: B+/B

Lazaro
Song 1: Another song that is way too low for him. Wow, that was just painful for most of the song. He always sounds so much better when he sings higher. Who keeps letting him sing songs that are too low. You can't even hear the words he's singing because it's too low. Not only is too low, but he was REALLY off on the notes. Usually, I can handle him being off a little, but tonight he was REALLY off. My Score: D-

Song 2: I love this song so much. I thought he did a really good job the last time he performed it. This is so much better than his first song. Lightyears better than the first one. It wasn't too low, and he showed again, that he does actually have a good voice. I don't think he had a bad note in that song. My Score: A-

Average Score: C+

Kree
Song 1: Hate this song, and she is not adding anything to it. Boring, boring, boring. I feel like she plays it so safe every week. It was nice, but I'm not jumping up and down over it. My Score: B+

Song 2: Another song I don't know, another boring performance. Based on her voice it was really good, but based on performance and my dislike of country music, it was just mediocre. Could she pretend like she was actually enjoying performing?  My Score: B+

Average Score: B+

Janelle
Song 1: Oh, man, another one of my all-time hated songs. She sounds fine, but another very blah, boring performance. My Score: B

Song 2: I think I like her voice better than Kree's, but something about her just doesn't get me excited about her either. She had some bum notes again, which is where she differs from Kree. My Score: B

Average Score: B

Candice
Song 1: I don't know this song. It's not great, she sounds fine as usual. I'm bored again. At least she made the ending a little exciting. My Score: A-

Song 2: Strange song choice, and she really changed it up, I almost didn't recognize it. Not my style of singing that I enjoy listening to, but I can appreciate that she sang it amazingly well. She killed it. My Score: A+

Average Score: A




The Results:

Top 2: Kree & Candice

Middle 2: Angie & Janelle

Bottom 2: Lazaro & Amber

Going Home: Lazaro--no save was used

No comments: