Monday, April 15, 2013

Dancing With The Stars, Ep. 16.9 & 16.10

This week, the couples have to dance side-by-side with a pro couple. Whoa, the pressure is on!

Ingo & Kym vs Tony & Emma - Cha Cha
OK, so Ingo and Tony are hot! Ingo was a little slower than Tony in the side-by-side, but he still looked good. The judges will probably say he needed more hip action, but I always enjoy Ingo no matter what he's doing.
Judges' Scores: 21

Jacoby & Karina vs Maks & Ana - Jive
I can't wait to see him do the Jive with his crazy legs! Look at Maks go! I really miss him this season. Jacoby was with Maks every step of the way, he didn't miss one step. His legs just crack me up. He has the perfect personality for the Jive. Oh my gosh, he did a split! I don't know if I've ever seen a guy kick so high. Add in the unassisted and barely running start leap OVER Karina. This was just plain AWESOME! Poor guy was so out of breath and with good reason, that thing was loaded!
Judges' Scores: 26

Victor & Lindsay vs Tristan & Emma - Viennese Waltz
I love the setup for this dance, and I love the song ("Never Tear Us Apart" by INXS). The side-by-side was really good. He was able to pull off the smoothness of the dance. I think he looked better than he has the past couple weeks. I'm still not overly impressed and I just don't really care for his whole attitude. I'm ready for him to go.
Judges' Scores: 21

Mark & Aly vs Tony & Whitney - Samba
I can't wait for this dance, I think it's going to be really good! She kept up the sexy with Whitney and their moves were matched up exactly the whole time! She really looked like she was having fun this week. It was so good! She really got those hips moving!
Judges' Scores: 25

Sean & Peta vs Tristan and Chelsie - Quickstep
I love Tristan and Sean together...so cute! Whoa Chelsie and Trstan are flying! That is a real Quickstep! Sean did pretty good matching up with Tristan! He always looks like he's on the verge of losing it in every dance, but somehow he holds it all together. Peta did not take it easy on him with this choreography, she threw it all in there for a true Quickstep and I think he did well. I hope he can get some 8s to separate him from the middle of the pack just a tad.
Judges' Scores: 24

Kellie & Derek vs Henry & Ana - Foxtrot
Oh no, awful, awful song! On the plus side, Kellie looks like a graceful angel. You would never know that she struggled so much in rehearsals. I loved the penguin walk, that was hilarious! I also really loved the ending, how they both ended up laying on the floor...it was really cute.
Judges' Scores: 27

DL & Cheryl vs Sasha & Chelsie - Tango
Sasha & Chelsie were hot, hot, hot! Well, the side-by-side was in synch, but I would MUCH rather look at Sasha. I gotta say, he took more steps in this dance than he has in the past, but he just isn't pleasing to watch. He's just kind of a joke, but in a bad way. He did better than I thought he would, and he even got the tone of the dance...a little (although he looked like he was acting and not really feeling it), but blah... It is time for him to go please.
Judges' Scores: 18

Zendaya & Val vs Ana & Maks - Argentine Tango
Ooh, brother vs brother...this should be a good battle! How has Val never danced an Argentine Tango before? That's surprising. Zendaya looks amazing! The side-by-side was really good. She was so into this dance and really looked the part. Her legs were amazing with all the intricate movements. The lift was really cool. I can't believe how well she acted it out with her face. She so looked like a pro! Wow!
Judges' Scores: 29

Andy & Sharna vs Sasha & Emma - Paso Doble
This should be very interesting: Andy as Zorro. Wow Andy! He came flying in on that zip line a la Apolo from last season! He definitely held his own in the side-by-side. At times he looks like he's channeling Barney Fife, but he's got technique under that funny exterior. I wish the judges would reward him instead of pick on him. I want him to outlast Victor and DL and I think he deserves to. For someone who looks so physically weak, he was able to channel quite a bit of power at the end and made it rather believable.
Judges' Scores: 18




The Results:
Bottom 2: DL & Cheryl and Victor & Lindsay

Going Home: DL & Cheryl

No comments: