Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The Voice, Ep. 8.11

Knockouts, Part 3

Tonya Boyd-Cannon vs. Barry Minniefield - Team Adam
I'm so glad Adam put these 2 against each other...I just wish he could get rid of both.

Tonya - "I Wish" by Stevie Wonder
Boring, boring, yuck, yuck. I've never been a fan of hers, and this didn't help. She did absolutely nothing fun or exciting with this song.

Barry - "What You Won't Do For Love" by Bobby Caldwell
Tonya's song was bad enough, but this one was absolutely horrible. Hated it! Never been a fan of Barry, and this also didn't help.

WINNER: Tonya

Kelsie May vs. Brooke Adee - Team Blake

Kelsie - "Tim McGraw" by Taylor Swift
She sounds really off for most of the song. What a stupid song. I don't think that song did her any favors. I've heard her do a lot better. You can just see it in her face as she's singing, and even just standing there after Brooke sang...she knows she wasn't very good tonight.

Brooke - "Electric Feel" by MGMT
I really liked this performance. This is a great song. I think she sang it really well and had a lot of really nice moments. As good as this was, Kelsie is more country, so he will likely choose Kelsie.

WINNER: Brooke

Joe Tolo vs. India Carney - Team Christina

Joe - "One of Us" by Joan Osborne
This was an interesting song choice. I like what he did with it. I think it was a really good performance. I don't see how in the world he's going to be beat the powerhouse India, though...no matter how well he does.

India - "Big White Room" by Jessie J.
This started out really boring. She finally let loose. I don't care for her vibrato, she always sounds like Elmer Fudd on a juicer (Seinfeld reference). If she could tone that down, she would be really good. I don't see any way she loses this to Joe.

WINNER: India

Jacob Rummel vs. Lowell Oakley - Team Pharrell

Jacob - "Life of the Party" by Shawn Mendez
I normally wouldn't like someone like him. There is just no denying that voice. He is just so good! He had maybe a couple notes that were a little off, but I'm hoping it's enough for Pharrell to keep him. I think he deserves to move on in the competition to the live shows. I think he played it a little safe and didn't really go for it full out, so I'm a little worried.

Lowell - "My Girl" by The Temptations
As much as I love his voice, I don't like his style and song choices. No thank you. His falsettos were really on-point. His voice sounds so good. I think he deserves to move on also, so I have no idea what Pharrell is going to do. He might go with Lowell just because Jacob was a steal.

WINNER: Lowell

Rob Taylor vs. Treeva Gibson - Team Christina

Rob - "Love and Happiness" by Al Greene
Hate the song choice, but man can he sing! I was really bored with this performance. I expected more based off what he was showing in the rehearsals. He threw in the high falsetto notes, but it didn't feel like the song went anywhere.

Treeva - "Chasing Pavements" by Adele
This is such a great song for her. She is incredibly talented for her age. She really did this song justice. It's not an easy song, and it's easy to try to sound like Adele. She had parts where it was a lot of Adele, but she also put a lot of herself into it. Hands down, it should be her.

WINNER: Rob

Joshua Davis vs. Lexi Davila - Team Adam

Joshua - "Arms of a Woman" by Amos Lee
Josh has got one of those great voices. It's sometimes raspy, sometimes a little gritty and gravely. He started this out so soft and tender, it was truly beautiful. I wish the song would have built up a little bit more...it seemed kind of flat, but otherwise, it was really, really good.

Lexi - "Anything Could Happen" by Ellie Goulding
She seemed a little too tentative at the beginning. Once she got to the chorus, she really let it rip. Her falsetto was really good. She transitioned really flawlessly from the falsetto and back to her chest voice. She really nailed the ending.

WINNER: Joshua
STEAL: Lexi goes to Team Christina

And with that, the Knockouts are completed. The teams are all now full, and we move to the Live Playoffs.


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: