Monday, March 23, 2015

Dancing with the Stars, Ep. 20.2

Week 2: My Jam Monday!

Chris & Witney - ChaCha ("Time of My Life" by Pitbull)
And finally, the offbeat and counting problems that I suspected are becoming evident in his rehearsal video. He definitely had a couple times where he either didn't start on the right beat or was on the wrong foot or something. But, overall, I was really impressed again! He really made this ChaCha work! He looked like he was having a lot of fun.
Score: 21 I can't believe how low those scores were! They had some negative feedback, but not enough to warrant 5s! Geesh! Poor guy!

Suzanne & Tony - Jive ("Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On" by Jerry Lee Lewis)
There's a lot of shakin' goin' on for this 68-year-old! Tony really whipped her around, and I don't think she missed a beat. Wow! That was a fast jive for anyone, let alone someone her age. She could have been a little bit sharper maybe, and she might not have been 100% in sync with him, but it was still really entertaining.
Score: 28

Robert & Kym - Foxtrot ("You Make Me Feel So Young" by Michael Buble)
He's got really nice form. His bubbly personality came through just as much in this dance as it did in his more upbeat dance last week. He looks like he just loves dancing with Kym...hence the song...hence the dating rumors...
Score: 28

Charlotte & Keo - ChaCha ("California Gurls" by Katy Perry)

Lots of wrong footwork, but you can tell she's trying. I feel bad for her for all of the negativity and hurtful comments she got after last week's dance. Her flexibility definitely helps her in a lot of these dances. The judges are right, she doesn't know what to do with her body. Those long legs and um...larger upper body...it's got to be hard to get it to all work together. If Keo can help her figure that out, she'll really come into her own.
Score: 26

Michael & Peta - Foxtrot ("Working My Way Back To You" by Frankie Vallie)
He had pretty nice form. He pulled it together nicely compared to the disasters they were having in rehearsals and the dress rehearsal. He definitely added his Michael swagger to it. Lots of charm and charisma.
Score: 28

Rumer & Val - ChaCha ("Rumour Has It" by Adele)
Wow, just like that, her hair grew 12" from last week! Looks like she is more than just a one-hit wonder. She killed this ChaCha! The sass and sharp moves...wow! This is something you would normally see like Week 9. Incredible! I really didn't think I would like her and I really didn't think she would be as good as she is. I was really wrong about her. And the audience can't get enough of her. Val might just get his first win with this one.
Score: 32

Redfoo & Emma - Jive ("My Sharona" by The Knack)
I have a feeling this is going to be a lot of fun. His hair just cracks me up bouncing around on the floor. His arms were surprisingly great in this (weird comment, I know), but they really stuck out to me because he was hitting them so sharp. Most people are so worried about their legs being sharp on the kicks and flicks, but he totally nailed the arms. He didn't forget about those feet and legs though because they were just as sharp. That was really good, and so much fun!
Score: 31

Willow & Mark - Argentine Tango ("Somebody That I Used To Know" by Gotye)
I love this song, and I love Mark's choice for their costume, as a play on the video. I saw photos on Instagram of them nailing each other with paint, but I had no idea this was actually for their costumes! How fun! I love Mark's choreography for this song...so cool! This is such a different dance for her from the first week. Again, just like Sadie, she shows so much maturity in her dancing for her age, it's ridiculous! The lifts were effortless and had really gorgeous shapes and lines. So unique, I absolutely loved this! The only thing that would have totally made this out of this world would have been if all that paint glowed in the dark! Trust me...Derek would have done it!
Score: 32

Noah & Sharna - Samba ("Homegrown Honey" by Darius Rucker)
That was brave of him to jump down off the stage onto the floor. His leg could have given out on him, but he nailed it. This dance was pretty stiff for a Samba. It was choreographed more like a line dance than a Samba. OK, totally got chills when his girlfriend surprised him after the dance! She was at basic training and he was supposed to pick her up in 2 days...they haven't seen each other in 6 months! How special for her to get to see the dance he dedicated to her.
Score: 27

Nastia & Derek - Rumba ("Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran)
This is the perfect song for a Rumba. I'll just say this and get it out of the way: what I wouldn't give to be dancing that with Derek right now! Hello abs! I knew the Rumba would be a good dance for her because of her flexibility. She had so much fluidity in her motions, and it was gorgeous. The only question for her would be if she could capture and display the emotion. I think she totally did. They totally looked like they were in love! Such a cute couple!
Score: 34 First 9s of the competition! Not even Rumer got a 9!

Riker & Allison - Foxtrot ("Sugar" by Maroon 5)
Awesome song, Riker! Thank you Allison for fixing his hair this week! So much better! She was right, no one was going to take him seriously doing a ballroom dance with his hair like that. He looked so dapper. I think he did a proper Foxtrot (for as much as I know about it). I think he looked good, and he still gave it his own personality. He's still a contender! I was wondering if he would be able to transition into the ballroom dances or if he would only do well with the upbeat Latin styles. They make a really good couple.
Score: 32

Patti & Artem - Salsa ("In Da Club" by 50 Cent)
That song, seriously?! LOL! Did not expect that. I'm glad she can still keep it hip at her age. Imagine that, she's hurt again this week...week 2. The first 20 seconds or so of the song was just her getting off the couch and taking off the feather boa. Well, she tried to have some funky moves, and I'll give her credit for trying. But, wow, there wasn't a whole lot of Salsa, and there wasn't a whole lot of content at all in that. And then the judges and the fans go WAY overboard with praise. Yes, she's old, but let's remember that Suzanne Somers is only a couple years younger, and there isn't even a comparison between the two.
Score: 28 Thank goodness their scores didn't reflect their overly positive critiques

Week 1 Results
Less than 1/10 of 1% separated the bottom 2--wow!

In Jeopardy: Charlotte & Keo, Chris & Witney, Redfoo & Emma, Suzanne & Tony
Going Home: Redfoo & Emma

Nooooo! He improved so much this week! That's not even fair! I knew when it came down to him and Suzanne, that she has a huge fan base, so I had a feeling it would be him. I was really looking forward to watching him at least a couple more times. I think if they would have done like in some past seasons, where there isn't an elimination in the first week so that people can see more of them...I can almost guarantee that he would have won over so many people with his dance tonight. I mean, look at where he is on the leaderboard after tonight!

Judges' Leaderboard - Week 2

Nastia & Derek - 34
Riker & Allison - 32
Rumer & Val - 32
Willow & Mark - 32
Redfoo & Emma - 31
Michael & Peta - 28
Patti & Artem - 28
Robert & Kym - 28
Suzanne & Tony - 28
Noah & Sharna - 27
Charlotte & Keo - 26
Chris & Witney - 21



Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: