Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Voice, Ep. 8.5

We have a last few spots to fill on the teams and then it's right into the Battle Round!

Last of the Blind Auditions

Team Adam

Nathan Hermida, 17
His voice was surprising because he didn't look like he should have a voice like that. I wasn't so sure about him at the beginning, but as he sang more, I could tell he's got a really good voice.
Chair Turns: 2 (Adam and Christina)

Team Blake

Hannah Kirby, 29
Wow, I don't know if I like her voice or not. She sounds like she is singing from the back of her throat. She seemed a little too loud and forced.
Chair Turns: 1 (Blake was the only one with a spot left...the rest said they would have turned)

Team Christina

Vance Smith, 22
Really nice voice, but not a standout for me. It took me forever to recognize the song because it was done in such a weird key.
Chair Turns: 2 (Christina and Pharrell)

Team Pharrell

Paul Pfau, 26
Awful song choice, but he has a great sounding voice. I'm excited to hear him sing something current. Adam was really kicking himself for not having any spots left. And then Paul tells him he met him 10 years ago and was too shy to give him his demo...he just happened to have it with him.
Chair Turns: 2 (Blake and Pharrell)

Caitlin Caporale, 23
Wow, she has such a strong voice! Beautiful tone and so polished and clear. Christina was dying to push her button but couldn't because her team was full. Then she dueted with her....so good...so ridiculously good!
Chair Turns: 2 (Blake and Pharrell)

THE BATTLE ROUND

Ashley Morgan vs. Mia Z -- Team Pharrell
"Put the Gun Down" by ZZ Ward
I love this song! And it is so perfect for them. Their harmonies are so good! Each on their own were very strong and so evenly matched. I can't call this one...they sound so similar! Just when I think one pulls ahead, the other one totally matches her. Wow.
WINNER: Mia Z
STEAL: Ashley goes to Team Christina
All 3 of the other coaches pushed to steal her.

James McNeiece vs Tonya Boyd-Cannon -- Team Adam
"PYT" by Michael Jackson
I wish they had a better song, but they definitely rocked it. As good as Tonya is...I absolutely have to go with James. They were surprisingly better together than I thought they would be. Unfortunately for James, Tonya kind of took over and over-powered him. He held his own, but she was just such a loud force.
WINNER: Tonya

Brian Johnson vs. Joshua Davis -- Team Blake
"Knockin' on Heaven's Door" by Bob Dylan
These 2! They are so good as individuals, but as a duo, they are amazing! I have to root for my fellow Ohioan, Brian, but Joshua deserves a steal, no question. Joshua has such as amazing bluesy voice, and I don't even know how to describe Brian's.
WINNER: Brian
STEAL: Joshua goes to Team Adam


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: