Monday, March 16, 2015

The Voice, Ep. 8.7

The Battles continue! Part 3

Briar Jonnee vs. Caitlin Caporale - Team Pharrell
"Fallen" by Alicia Keyes
Both have really strong soulful voices. They harmonized really beautifully together. Caitlin really nailed the signature big hook moment of the song. I think Caitlin might have the slightest of edges in this one. I think she showed a little more range than Briar did.
WINNER: Caitlin

Barry Minniefield vs. Jack Gregori - Team Adam
"Feeling Alright" by Joe Cocker
Could I care less about this battle? I don't think so. 2 of Adam's weakest choices. Although I loved Jack's "Ring of Fire" it wasn't enough for me to want to see more of him. Adam what were you thinking with these 2? I am bored to tears with these 2. Can he get rid of them both? Does someone have to win? This is so not for me. I actually fast-forwarded through some of it just to get through it.
WINNER: Barry

Katelyn Read vs. Treeva Gibson - Team Christina
"Addicted to Love" by Florence and the Machine
Those dreaded words "Florence and the Machine" = I'm not going to like it. It is a remake of a song that I like, so it's got that going for it, but I was right...horrible version. This version is so boring! These 2 just show no life in their rehearsals...they couldn't even let out a scream. I'm glad that their actual performance was better than what they did in rehearsal...it was actually quite a bit better once they put more of themselves into it and less Florence. I think if I had to pick, I would pick Treeva. Katelyn does some weird things with her voice. I'm glad they showed a little bit of personality and playfulness in their performance. I was really worried the whole thing was going to be a snoozefest.
WINNER: Treeva

Kimberly Nicole vs. Lowell Oakley - Team Pharrell
"Hound Dog" by Big Mama Thornton
I just can't even with this song right now. Ugh! I mean, I know he's a crooner and she's soul, but yuck! I didn't care what either one of them did with this song at all! Both talented at what they do, but not my cup o' tea. So Pharrell is having such a hard time with this decision...just pick Lowell already! I can't stand Kimberly and her bright lipstick, ugly tutus and ugly big hats.
WINNER: Lowell
STEAL: Kimberly goes to Team Christina ...of course someone was going to steal her...and with her last steal of all things, really?

Brenna Yager vs. Kelsie May - Team Blake
"Fancy" by Reba McEntire
These 2 are so young, and so country. This is a hard song, and they really nailed it. They struggled with their harmony in rehearsals, but they were perfect tonight. Another perfectly matched pair. They are so equal, I don't know who I would pick. Kelsie might have a slight edge, but boy it's close.
WINNER: Kelsie

Clinton Washington vs. India Carney - Team Christina
"Stay" by Rihanna and Mikky Ekko
I absolutely love Clinton's voice! I could listen to him sing to me all day! India's voice is very good as well. I'm actually kind of impressed with her voice, especially for being such a deep voice. This song was a perfect choice for them. I like some of the changes they added to the song. OK, so I don't like her extremely fast vibrato that sounds like she is sitting on a washing machine...that's a bit much. Other than that, it was a very beautiful duet! I have no doubt that Christina will go with India, because she's a girl.
WINNER: India
STEAL: Clinton goes to Team Adam
I am so happy! Clinton absolutely deserves to stick around. He would be the perfect addition to either Team Adam or Team Pharrell. It's shocking that Christina was the only one to turn around for him in the Blinds. Adam really needed him because his team is really hurting in my opinion.


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: