Wednesday, March 4, 2015

American Idol, Ep. 14.17

Top 8 Guys

Daniel Seavey – Marvin Gaye’s “How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)”
I don't know how, but somehow, he gets even cuter every week. That smile is just so infectious. He gains confidence every single week, and it's just fun to see him grow. It was a good performance as usual. No one's saying he's got the best voice in the competition, but he's got so much more going on for him.
My Score: B+

Mark Andrew – The Temptations’ “Papa Was A Rolling Stone”
Another fun performance from Mark. I have to admit, I thought he might not make it to the next cut. The guys are just stacked with talent, and as good as he is, he wasn't necessarily a stand-out. This performance didn't blow me away, but it was solid. I liked the originality of the arrangement.
My Score: B+

Rayvon Owen – The Temptations’ “My Girl”
Of course...the one guy I would have been OK with losing...and he makes it through. I'm even more nervous now to find out who isn't moving on. He gave a very predictable performance. Nothing that stood out, again. Sang beautifully, albeit very boringly.
My Score: B-

Adam Ezegelian – The Jackson 5’s “I Want You Back”
As much as I like Adam, I'm getting REALLY worried for some of my favorites. This was not my favorite performance, but he couldn't help it with this awful genre of songs to pick from. He did the best he could with an awful song and he made it interesting, just not one of my favorites.
My Score: B+

Clark Beckham – The Miracles’ “The Tracks Of My Tears
Woohoo! I breathe one sigh of relief for one of my favorites! Go Clark! He really can just make any song into a "Clark" song. What an interesting version of this song. He just gets so into his songs...I love him! He might have strained a little bit on a couple notes and they didn't quite land like he normally can do. I loved this performance, but if I'm being honest...nothing and I mean nothing compares to Adam Lambert's version of this song. No one will ever sing it as good as he did. If you don't believe me, watch that epic performance again here.
My Score: A+

Nick Fradiani – Stevie Wonder’s “Signed, Sealed, Delivered I’m Yours”
Nick is another one I wasn't so sure would get the votes. I'm glad he did because I think he has one of the best voices in the competition. Another good performance...only hindered by the song. Sorry Stevie Wonder fans, but I've never liked that song.
My Score: A

Qaasim Middleton – Stevie Wonder’s “I Wish”
Love me some Qaasim! The one you shouldn't really like but do. He's my guilty pleasure. I so enjoy his comedic moves...he always puts on such a show. It's not always all about the singing. Those crazy legs! He looked a little bit like he was having a seizure at times, but man, good times!
My Score: A

Quentin Alexander — Stevie Wonder’s “Master Blaster (Jammin’)”
What a great performance. I really enjoyed it! I don't think I've ever heard this Stevie Wonder song. He killed it!
My Score: A-

We SADLY have to say goodbye to 4 of my favorites:
Michael Simeon
Riley Bria
Savion Wright
Trevor Douglas

I have to say the one that surprises me the most is Trevor. Of course, he's my favorite of the 12, and of course he's going home. I really thought, based on the "performers" with lots of personalities, that he of all of them would be safe. He has been one of the most entertaining through the whole audition and Hollywood rounds. I just have to think that his slightly poor vocal performance last week might have been what did him in. That's such a shame that he had to have his worst performance the first time America could vote. I really, really, really hope he comes back again next year! Trevor is my big loss in this round, but the other 3 were at the top of my list as well. Last week, I knew it was going to be so difficult to say goodbye to any of them and I wasn't sure who I would even lose if I had to pick.  Well, I can tell you now, the 4 I would have dropped would have been: Rayvon, Mark, Savion, and it's a tie between Michael and Adam.


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: