Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The Voice, Ep. 8.8

The last of the Battle Rounds continue - Part 4

Jeremy Gaynor vs. Rob Taylor - Team Christina
"Animals" by Maroon 5
Very interesting song choice for these two. They did better with this than I thought. I wasn't really sure how this would be based on the rather underwhelming rehearsal. Rob hit all of those high notes and it was really incredible. I don't know who I would give this one too, because Jeremy was just as good. Wow.
WINNER: Rob

Noelle Bybee vs. Sawyer Fredericks - Team Pharrell
"Have You Ever Seen The Rain" by Creedence Clearwater Revival
I wish Pharrell would have picked a different song, but I'm still entranced by Sawyer's voice. I really want him to move on, but Noelle's voice is so beautiful too! They sound so great together! Personality-wise, this performance was a little sleepy on both their parts, but Noelle did a little better in that department. Sawyer's solo part at the end was really great. I'm really hoping for a steal on this one. I don't want to lose Sawyer, but I think Noelle might have one of the prettiest voices of any of the girls in the competition.
WINNER: Sawyer

Koryn Hawthorne vs. Vance Smith - Team Christina
WINNER: Koryn

Bay Brooks vs. Brooke Adee - Team Blake
WINNER: Brooke

Bren'nae DeBarge vs. Lexi Davila - Team Adam
WINNER: Lexi

Corey Kent White vs. Jacob Rummell - Team Blake
"I Want Crazy" by Hunter Hayes
Obviously this country song is going to suit Corey much better than Jacob. Nice sabotage Blake. This is the point in the competition where being the "unique" person on Blake's team will be the disadvantage. Blake wants to work with who he can help, and that will always be the country singer. Sorry Jacob, I can tell you're screwed before you even get started.

This performance was a lot better than I thought it would be. These two are so different, but Jacob really made it work. Even though their voices aren't really similar at all, their harmonies were really beautiful. Wow, I'm really, really impressed with that! I liked hearing Jacob sing some parts a little lower. His high voice can sound like a girl, but he does have the capability of singing a little lower too. This is too close to call, which means it's going to be Corey all the way, I'm telling you.
WINNER: Corey --what did I tell you...classic Blake move
STEAL: Jacob goes to Team Pharrell -- Thank you Pharrell!! He is going to be perfect for Team Pharrell


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: