Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The Voice, Ep. 8.10

The Knockouts, Part 2

Cody Wickline vs. Corey Kent White - Team Blake

Cody - "Til My Last Day" by Justin Moore
Thoroughly predictable as usual. He has his sound, and he doesn't sway from that. For being about as country as you can get, I would say he is pretty good. It's not my cup o' tea, but he's definitely got talent. While he has a classic country sound, he doesn't sound like every single male country singer on the radio today.

Corey - "Live Like You're Dying" by Tim McGraw
Corey is much more my style of country. He doesn't have an overly noticeable country twang. He leans more to the pop/rock side of country. I really like the tone of his voice. I really hope Blake picks him...which you know what that means...he'll pick Cody.

WINNER: Corey Whoa! Didn't see that coming!

Blaze Johnson vs. Deanna Johnson - Team Adam
Haha...Johnson & Johnson...and I totally typed that before Blake said it!

Blaze - "You Found Me" by The Fray
I love his song choices. He's right, you don't expect someone like him to be singing The Fray. I didn't love this for some reason. He sounded like he was forcing it too much. He really strained the high notes at the end and they were cracking a little bit. I don't think this was his best.

Deanna - "Listen to Your Heart" by Roxette
I love this song and it is so perfect for her! Her voice is so powerful and so raw. I absolutely love her tone. I can't say enough about how much I loved this. It totally gave me goosebumps.

WINNER: Deanna Woohoo! There was no way he could not keep her after that performance!

Hannah Kirby vs. Caitlin Caporale - Team Pharrell

Hannah - "Higher Love" by Steve Winwood
There are things about her voice that I love, but there are also some weird things she does. I'm torn on this song choice. I think the way she sang it was just a little awkward. I'm not quite sure how to describe it. She kind of overprounced the words, and I don't know, it was just a little weird. I think the notes and everything were really strong, but the dynamics of the song were just a little much.

Caitlin - "Warrior" by Demi Lovato
She has such a pretty voice. Her voice just cuts like a knife. This was a really good song choice. Those long notes were gorgeous and so strong. I would absolutely pick her over Hannah. I love the way her voice just floats from note to note. Stunning!

WINNER: Caitlin Yes!
STEAL: Hannah goes to Team Blake...actually she is going BACK to Team Blake


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: