Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Voice, Ep. 8.6

The Battle Round continues

Anthony Riley vs. Travis Ewing -- Team Pharrell
"Get Ready" by The Temptations
Going into this, everyone would think that Anthony has the edge. But Travis came out swinging! He didn't back down and he showed just how good his voice really is. I'm surprised at how good they sound together. I really like them both, but I have to go with Travis on this one. I'm guessing Anthony will get picked though.
WINNER: Anthony
STEAL: Travis goes to Team Blake! Woohoo! Thank you Blake!

Ameera Delandro vs. Sonic -- Team Christina
"Masterpiece" by Jessie J.
This battle is epic and is a masterpiece in its own right. I was not a fan of Sonic's blind audition, but she sounded really good tonight. Ameera was so amazing as well. Their voices are so perfectly matched. This song was absolutely perfect for both of them. It had some fast raps, some soft, tender moments and then ends with so much power. I don't know who's going to win this one, but I will be shocked if there isn't a steal on this one.
WINNER: Sonic

Hannah Kirby vs. Sarah Potenza -- Team Blake
"Gimme Shelter" by The Rolling Stones
Talk about bringing the house down...these 2 tore the house to shreds! Another perfectly matched pair. They couldn't be more similar. I wouldn't have thought that going into the battle, but they battled it out like 2 raging bulls and neither one was backing down. I tend to think singers like this way overdo it and scream the song. I think both of them had the perfect combination of singing/screaming. What a performance! There will absolutely be a steal on this one because there is no way to pick a winner. And that ending...wow!
WINNER: Sarah
STEAL: Hannah goes to Team Pharrell (Adam also tried to steal)

Blaze Johnson vs. Michael Leier -- Team Adam
"Rude" by Magic
I really dislike this song, but it couldn't be more perfect for these 2. Because of Blaze's background, the raggae style really suits him better than Michael, but he totally made it work. I have to give this one to Michael I think.
WINNER: Blaze

Cody Wickline vs. Matt Snook -- Team Blake
"How Country Feels" by Randy Houser
Well, this was definitely country. It's hard for me to pick which one  I like better because they are both so country. I can appreciate Cody's unique old-fashioned country sound, but I don't always like it. Matt sounds more like what all male country singers sound like right now. It's a toss up. Both are extremely talented, and even I can admit that they sounded really good together.
WINNER: Cody

Meghan Lindsey vs. Paul Pfau -- Team Pharrell
"Don't Let Me Down" by The Beatles
What an interesting pairing. It really shouldn't work, but somehow it does. I was right about Paul--once you get him singing a different song, he's amazing! Meghan really put her heart and soul into that performance, but she just doesn't quite do it for me. I feel like I really want to see what else Paul can do. I feel like Meghan would be the same every week, and I think Paul can do a lot of interesting things.
WINNER: Paul
STEAL: Meghan goes to Team Blake (Christina and Adam also attempted to steal)
Big surprise for her to choose her old friend.

Gabriel Wolfchild vs. Joe Tolo -- Team Christina
WINNER: Joe

Deanna Johnson vs. Nicolette Moretti -- Team Adam
WINNER: Deanna

Josh Bastone vs. Nathan Hermida -- Team Adam
WINNER: Nathan


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: