Thursday, October 25, 2012

X Factor: Top 16

Who's in and who's out of the Top 16?

The Teens-Britney Spears

In: Diamond White, Carly Rose Soneclar,
Arin Ray, Beatrice Miller

Out: James Tanner and Reed Deming

My Thoughts: I'm ecstatic that Carly and Diamond are through. I'm also really excited for Beatrice, because shez.s really grown on me the ladt couple weeks. I could go either way on Arin. I'm not sure why the judges love him so much. I'm not really surprised that Reed didn't make it, I just don't think he's quite ready. James didn't surprise me at all, he wasn't that good. So, overall, I think Britney did a great job with her choices...but they weren't that difficult to decide.

The Over 25s-L.A. Reid

In: David Correy, Jason Brock, Tate Stevens, Vino Allen

Out: Daryl Black and Tara Simon 

My Thoughts: I am so, so, so happy that Vino and David made it!!! They were so far out of the rest of this group's league, that it isn't even funny. I think Jason has a really good voice, I just hope that he doesn't get annoying. Tate really just sounds like any other Country singer out there...nothing special, so I would not have picked him. Daryl isn't outstanding, but I think he'd better than Tate. And then there's Tara. How excited am I that she is GONE!!!! She never should have made it past the audition round, let alone to the judges house. She took a valuable spot that should have belonged to the awesome Jeffrey Gutt. Overall, I'm pretty happy with L.A.'s choices. Vino and David were must-haves and Tara was a must-not, so I'm happy.

Young Adults-Demi Lovato

In: Jennel Garcia, Willie Jones, CeCe Frey, Paige Thomas

Out: Jillian Jenson and Nick Youngerman

My Thoughts: I love Jennel, I'm so happy for her! I have to say I'm a little surprised and disappointed that Jillian didn't make it. I would have maybe picked her over Willie or maybe even Paige. I think Paige is an amazing singer, but she's a little too boring. Nick was not a surprise.

The Groups-Simon Cowell

In: Emblem3, Lyric 145, Sister C, Lylas

Out: Playback and Dope Crisis

My Thoughts: I'm definitely excited about Lylas. I think they are absolutely amazing. Emblem3 is pretty good, but I think they are being overrated...they're not THAT good. Lyric 145 is okay, but not my cup-o-tea. Sister C had a good audition, but I've been underwhelmed by them ever since. My pick would have absolutely been Playback! I can't believe Simon didn't stand behind them. He's had so much success with the stereotypical boyband in the past. Saying that Emblem3 fills that niche is a joke! They are NOT a boyband! The people who would vote for Emblem3 are not the same people who would vote for Playback. I think they deserved a shot. Dope Crisis? Not even worth mentioning...who were they?

No comments: