Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Voice, Ep. 3.16

Team Christina: Devyn vs Laura

Devyn's good and she definitely hit all the big notes in that Whitney song. However, it's a song that's been done so many times and sounded exactly like that.

Laura is different, and I love the Marc Anthony song and I think she killed it! I love that she threw in some Spanish. She won that battle hands down!

Winner: Devyn (Well, Christina made her first wrong choice of the night.)

Team Christina: Adriana vs Celica

I love Adriana's choice of Kelly Clarkson's "Already Gone". I think she'll do really well. Whoa that note at the end was crazy! I think she did very well, but I still think it could have been better.

Celica also made a great choice with the Justin Bieber song. Wow, she has a unique voice! I really, really like it! Soooo good! She's definitely my pick, which means Christina will go with Adriana because she apparently wants her whole team to sound exactly the same.

Winner: Adriana (I knew it! Christina is 0-2.)

Team Christina: Alessandra vs Dez
I'm Team Dez all the way! But...he's a guy, so he doesn't fit Christina's "girls only" club she's forming.

Alessandra really needs to work on her low notes. She is just ok...nothing special at all. Boring!

Totally not crazy about Dez's Lionel Richie song choice, that's probably going to be his downfall...that and the fact that he's a guy. Oh why didn't he choose a better song? He could have made it a no-brainer for Christina, but with this, I don't think he did enough. Also, very boring.

Winner: Dez (I'm absolutely shocked!)

Team Christina: Chevonne vs De'borah
Darn it, I want both of these gone, but since they are going against each other, one of them has to stay. I'm so torn, who can I tolerate? Don't know. They both annoy me so greatly!

Chevonne's voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I hate her look and her style. Nothing positive about her obnoxious performance for me. Anyone can scream and jump around like she just did.

De'borah at least has a decent voice. Her look annoys me, but this is The Voice, so she would have to be my choice. You know what that means...Christina will go with Chevonne, because she's been in love with her from the beginning.

Winner: De'borah (What?! Shocked again! Shocked, but happy Chevonne is finally gone!)

Team Christina: Aquile vs Sylvia
Go Aquile!

Aquile chose an awesome song. He's amazing and I know this is the perfect song for him to have a big moment. I absolutely love his voice, he's so good!

Sylvia was very risky by choosing a Christina song. Wow, she sounds a lot like Christina on this! She's very good, but a little pitchy, and she started to run out of air at the end. I sure hope Christina isn't swayed by the fact that she's singing her song.

Winner: Sylvia (I'm so bummed that we are losing Aquile! Come on Christina, geez!)

Team Blake: Gracia vs Liz
I had a feeling he would pair these 2. I really can't stand Liz and I like Gracia, so fingers crossed that Blake does the right thing!

I like that Gracia is taking a risk and doing something different. I'm afraid that because it's a much slower song than Liz's that it will be too boring. She did have some pitch issues, but she isn't near as annoying or stuck up as Liz.

Oh my gosh Liz, "Gun Powder and Lead" by Miranda Lambert? How totally typical, obvious and sneaky, singing Blake's wife's song. Don't fall for it Blake...she's not that good! I think she has a huge personality on stage and that's going to be hard for Blake to say no to. Unfortunately she did outsing Gracia. This was probably her best performance so far.

Winner: Liz (No big surprise there.)

Team Blake: Rudy vs Terry
Go Terry!!!

Rudy made an interesting choice with Chris Brown's "Forever". I really like his voice, but his song choice could hurt him. He's a rocker and this is R&B. I'm not sure the whole thing worked, it was just kind of odd.

Terry, man his voice is just something else. He is amazing. I love him! If Blake wants a rocker, he's your guy no doubt about it.

Winner: Terry (Woohoo!!!)

Team Blake: Colin vs Michaela
What an interesting pairing. I've been a fan of both of them.

I think The Script is a perfect choice for Colin. He sounds great on this song. He's got a really unique voice and he's got a few different sounds.

Of course Michaela's going to be great on a song like "Love is a Battlefield". She didn't do anything original with it, but it was still good.

Winner: Michaela

Team Blake: Julio vs MarissaAnn

Julio and a Justin Bieber song? I don't know if it's going to work. I hope it's not the reason he goes home. It actually sounded really good. A couple of iffy parts, but he's got such a good voice any way.

MarissaAnn is going all out on "Lady Marmalade" That ending was killer! I think she just killed Julio.

Winner: Julio (Whoa, shocker! I really thought she deserved the win with that performance.)

Team Blake: Cassadee vs. Suzanna
Can I just ask why Cassadee has to be last in every round? She was on one of the last audition round episodes, and the last battle round episode (and we didn't even get to see the whole song :/), and now she's in the last group and the last performance of the knockouts. I love her and hate having to wait to see her every time. Go Cassadee!!! Everyone loves Suzanna so much...I'm really worried!

I couldn't be happier with Cassadee's song choice: "Payphone" by Maroon 5=awesome! Her voice is something I've never heard before, it is just so clean and powerful. She actually sounded nervous at the beginning...oh no! But, once she hit that chorus, look out! I love how she made some slight changes to the song. It sounded so amazing, and what better feedback than to have the song's original singer (Adam Levine), say that he was impressed.

I have to hope that Suzanna's Bob Marley is just too boring. Her voice is so unique, and the song was so risky, I can see Blake wanting to keep her.

Winner: Cassadee (I'm such a happy girl right now!!!! Thank you Blake for seeing just how amazing she is. Suzanna would have been my pick next to just about anyone else, so I am a little sad to see her go, but I would like to thank her for her risky song choice, otherwise, things could have ended differently.)

No comments: