Monday, October 29, 2012

The Voice, Ep. 3.15

The Knockout Rounds start tonight, and I think they could be brutal! No more steals!

Here's how it works: the singers choose their own songs. On the performance night, their coach will put them up against another singer from their team. This time they won't be singing together. After both have performed, the coach must pick one.

Team Adam: Joselyn vs Kayla
I've loved Kayla since the beginning, so I'm hoping she comes away with the win.

Joselyn is up first. Don't like her song choice, but she's singing it pretty good, but there are some definite pitch issues.

I don't like Kayla's song either. I think she performed better than Joselyn, but it definitely wasn't her best.

Winner: Joselyn

Team Adam: Joe vs Bryan
I love Joe!!!!

Joe is singing Taylor Swift...oh boy...but I bet he's gonna kill it. I just love his voice. Guess what, he just made me like a Taylor Swift song!

Bryan's going a totally different way with a slow Bryan Adams song. He's also so good! How is Adam going to choose, they both should go through!!!

Winner: Bryan (I'm so sad to lose Joe, we need a punk rocker in the competition. If Bryan wasn't so good, I'd really be bummed.)

Team Adam: Amanda vs Michelle
I'm not a huge fan of either, so I can finally breathe easy for this one. They are both very talented, so it should be a good battle. I'm leaning towards Amanda though.

I love Amanda's song choice...so different for her, but I think she can rock it. She's a little too screechy in places, but overall very good.

I hate Michelle's song choice...not a fan of Jennifer Hudson. So, she's pretty much killing the song, and I'm guessing Adam will pick her.

Winner: Amanda (wow)

Team Adam: Loren vs Nicole

Loren is going all out with an Amy Winehouse song. Even though we really haven't seen her yet, I'm rooting for her! She's got a very interesting voice. It's so clean and sharp, I love it! That ending was ridiculous! Don't even bother singing Nicole.

Nicole picks one of my all-time hated songs. Can't stand it. Such a boring song. Adam already has Amanda, he doesn't need Nicole. She didn't do anything spectacular with that.

Winner: Loren (woohoo!)

Team Adam: Melanie vs Sam
Go Sam!!! Let's be rid of Melanie already! It's been all about Melanie for so long, Sam's going to really have to be good and she would really have to suck.

Melanie picked a great song, let's see if she can deliver anything different than what we've heard so far. Love "Bulletproof" from La Roux. I think she's basically a one-trick pony. It's pretty good, but not great...I was hoping for more.

Walking in Memphis, really? Might as well just give Melanie the win. He's got such a great voice, it doesn't matter if the song sucks.

Winner: Melanie (yuck!)

Team Cee Lo: Avery vs Cody
I love them both, I don't want to lise either! If I had to choose, I think I would choose Cody because he is so funny and different.

I don't know that Avery's song choice is very risky, it's pretty safe. I think his dancing is making him a little pitchy. Kid can dance, though.

I absolutely love Cody's song choice of "Jolene". He starts out so haunting, I love it! He is absolutely nailing it! I will be devastated if he doesn't continue.

Winner: Cody (yes!)

Team Cee Lo: Mackenzie vs Daniel
Not even a choice on this one...Daniel stinks! Cee Lo is dumb and I'm afraid he's going to make the wrong choice on this one.

Mackenzie: love, love, love this kid! He. Must. Win. No doubt about it, he must beat Daniel. Mackenzie is so different, he needs to stick around. I love the way he arranges his songs and makes them into sonething new.

I do not know how Daniel made it past the blinds and he never should have beaten Alexis in the Battle Rounds. He's not good! And then he picks Taylor Swift...yeah, that will make me like you...not! It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Definitely his best performance, but he's not in the same league as Mackenzie.

Winner: Mackenzie (yes!!!!)

Team Adam: Terisa vs Trevin
This one will be a tough one. They should both be pretty evenly matched. I like Trevin better though, I gotta say. I like his story and he's just so talented for an 18 year old.

Not a shocker that Terisa picks a Whitney song. When you pick a song like that, you don't really make anyone that excited to see what you are going to do next. The song was just so boring!

Again, another boring song, but at least he did something with it and made it a little more exciting. I would pick Trevin. For his age, this dude can sing like it's nobody's business. And he made Cee Lo cry!

Winner: Trevin (Another right choice by Cee Lo...he's on a roll!)

Team Cee Lo: Mycle vs Nicholas
Obviously my choice is Mycle. Not a fan of the old-fashioned Nicholas. However, Cee Lo is in love with him, so Mycle has an uphill battle.

Very interesting and modern song choice for Nicholas, "Put Your Records On" by Corinne Bailey Rae. I have such a hard time watching him sing. I enjoy it a lot better when I close my eyes. It was a very interesting performance of that song...it actually kind if worked...I hate to admit it. He's still not my kind of music though.

Great song choice for Mycle's voice. I absolutely love his voice. He performed that song so beautifully.

Winner: Nicholas (I was afraid of that, I'm gonna miss Mycle.)

Team Cee Lo: Diego vs Caitlin
Tough choice. Diego's gonna have to kill it, he's been a little inconsistent.

Love Caitlin's Evanescence song choice, it's perfect for her. She performed it very well. It wasn't much different than the original, but she sang the heck out of it.

I'm not loving Diego's song at all. I know he can sing, but this was not the right song for him at all. I think it's time for him to go. Not only was the song horrible, but his vocals were not good at all.

Winner: Diego (Are you kidding me? I don't get that choice at all.)

No comments: