Monday, March 24, 2014

The Voice, Ep. 6.9

The Battles continue...

Team Adam

Austin Ellis vs. Josh Kaufman - Pharrell "Happy"
I really like Austin's voice. I feel like he totally mastered this song. Josh is very good also, but I don't get the same "awesome" factor from him. I think Austin did more with the song than Josh did. He performed the heck out of the song. Josh's big moment was a really high note, that I can't believe he hit. I loved the ending where they traded off "Hey"s and "Ha"s...that was cool.
WINNER: Josh

Dawn & Hawkes vs. Josh Murley - Stealers Wheel "Stuck in the Middle with You"
Josh's voice has grown on me and the more I hear of it, the more I like it. Dawn & Hawkes have great harmonies. Unfortunately, they are no Alex & Sierra. They're good, but they're not Alex & Sierra good. I feel like all 3 of them weren't having as much fun with the song as what Adam wanted them to have. It got a little boring, to be honest. I agree with the coaches, that none of them really stood out.
WINNER: Dawn & Hawkes
SHAKIRA STEAL: Josh

Team Blake

Alaska & Madi vs. Audra McLaughlin - Linda Ronstadt "When Will I Be Loved"
Not a fan of the song, but the 3 singers did a really good job with harmonizing. I think they would actually make an amazing trio, like the Dixie Chicks. Alaska & Madi sounded great together. Audra held her own as a soloist going against the duo. This was a pretty even matchup for me. I don't know that either one really stood out as being better than the other. So, I think it will come down to who Blake thinks he can work with going forward.
WINNER: Audra

Team Shakira



Deja Hall vs. Music Box - The Bangles "Eternal Flame"
I think it's pretty obvious that Deja made a HUGE improvement from the rehearsal to the performance. She found her voice! She was so meek and timid, but in this performance, she really belted it out with such confidence. Music Box definitely doesn't lack in the confidence department. I personally like Deja's voice better. Music Box is just a little too over the top for my liking. They really came together nicely and Deja held her own against the bigger powerhouse of Magic Box.
WINNER: Deja
USHER STEAL: Music Box

Team Usher

Madilyn Paige vs. Tanner James - Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran "Everything Has Changed"
How ironic is it that they are on the same team, and they went to the same school and never met each other before! And now they are dueting, and battling each other. I love the two of them together...they're just so cute! And they sound amazing together. Separately, I love their voices as well. I don't want either of them to go! This was the absolute perfect song for them to do. Loved it!  I got goosebumps as soon as Madilyn started singing, and then they intensified when Tanner started singing. They sound so good together! Usher called it the "Romeo and Juliet" battle. I kind of feel like he's sort of trying to push them together. How cool would it be if they started dating after this?! Blake said it was "like the Notebook part 2"..haha!
WINNER: Madilyn

Bria Kelly vs. Tess Boyer - Janis Joplin "Piece of My Heart"
Usher again, picks the absolute perfect song for his singers. I still can't believe that Bria can kill it like she does. She is so sweet looking, but she slays it with the rock edge. I've never seen or heard anything like her. Tess also has the same kind of thing going for her as an ex-cheerleader...it doesn't seem like she would have so much grit and power. These 2 battled right down to the last note and it truly was a brutal battle. They harmonized when they needed to and they fought for it every step of the way. It was a truly great performance. That scream that Bria does is one in a million. Seriously, there are just so few women in history that can sing like that! Wow! Bria could totally win this whole show.
WINNER: Bria
BLAKE STEAL: Tess

Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: