Saturday, March 8, 2014

The Voice, Ep. 6.3

The Blind Auditions continue...

Team Adam
Sam Behymer
She sang Lorde's "Royals" and she sounds pretty much just like the original. Right down to the way she pronounces the words. She's got a few more annoying things where she trails up at the end of her notes a few too many times in the song. She does have a pretty unique sound (other than Lorde), and she did do a few different things to the song to make it her own. She's pretty quirky, so it's easy to see why she got Usher and Adam to turn around.

Patrick Thomson
Very interesting voice, I did not expect that from him. It's very scratchy and gravely. He's got a lot of sould. I could see him singing a lot of different things. He is really good, and he got both Blake and Adam to turn around.

Team Blake
Ryan Whyte Maloney
He's a little bit rock and a little bit country. I like it! He's got great pitch, and a great vibe. He got 3 chairs right away. Usher didn't turn around until the very last second!

Sisaundra Lewis
Whoa, those earrings are about 500x too big. Her voice is just as big as those earrings. It was a lot of shouting to me, though, but of course the coaches will disagree. All of the coaches turned around.

Team Shakira
Deshawn Washington
He has a very old, classic sound from old Motown. He's good, but nothing really stands out as really unique about him. It took awhile for anyone to turn around, and eventually, Shakira is the only one to turn around.

Clarissa Serna
I totally did not expect that voice! She looked all sweet and quiet, and then she comes out with this HUGE rock voice singing (I think) The Cranberries' "Zombie". And it was totally amazing! I loved it! Shakira was standing up and rocking out in her chair. She also got Adam and Blake to turn around, and Usher AGAIN at the very last second!

Team Usher

Brothers Walker (Cody and Clint Walker)
They are twins! I love seeing the coaches' faces when they realize there are 2 voices. I really love the way they compliment each other. They remind me a lot of the Swon Brothers. They were really good and I can't believe everyone waited so long to turn around. Usher pushed his button at the very last second with his foot! Oh my goodness! I can't believe that Blake didn't turn around!

Melissa Jimenez
She took a risk starting off a capella. It was a really strong opening, I kind of wish she would have done the whole thing in a capella. I didn't love her performance (mainly because of her song choice), but she has a really good voice. She got Shakira's attention when she started singing in Spanish. Shakira and Usher both pushed their button at the very last second.



Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: