Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Voice, Ep. 6.10

The final night of the Battle Rounds, part 1...

Team Adam

Cary Laine vs. Sam Behymer - Ed Sheeran "Give Me Love"
I absolutely love Sam's voice. She is so unique. I don't really get much from Cary. Sam was really feeling it, and she was much more comfortable with the song. I think Sam wins this, hands down. Cary did have a nice ending to the song, though.
WINNER: Sam

Christina Grimmie vs. Joshua Howard - Taylor Swift "I Knew You Were Trouble"
WINNER: Christina

Team Blake

Kaleigh Glanton vs. Noah Lis - Michael Buble "Everything"
Noah sounds a lot like Michael Buble during certain parts of the song. I think he did an amazing job with the song. I love his voice. The song doesn't suit Kaleigh as well, but she also did really well. They also sounded and looked great as a couple. How cute were they?! They're the second duo who look like they would make a good couple. I don't think we've ever seen that on The Voice before. I love their little interactions during the song, they're totally believable as a couple in love. This is going to be a tough one.
WINNER: Kaleigh

Ryan Maloney vs. Cali Tucker - Tina Turner "What's Love Got To Do With It"
WINNER: Ryan

Team Shakira

Kristen Merlin vs. Lindsay Bruce - Reba McEntire "Turn On The Radio"
WINNER: Kristen

Cierra Mickens vs. Emily B. - Sara Bareilles "Brave"
This song seems like a perfect fit for Emily. As good as Cierra's voice is, she just didn't quite sound right on this song. Emily really commanded the song. Cierra tried to have some big moments, but I don't think it worked. I'm not really sure why. Together they sounded really good. Emily had a pretty big moment at the end of the song, and I think it surmounted the note that Cierra had at the end.
WINNER: Emily B.
USHER STEAL: Cierra

Team Usher

No Battles tonight.

Next week, the 2nd Battle Round will start. There will be one final chance for coaches to steal someone.


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: