Monday, March 17, 2014

The Voice, Ep. 6.7

Let the Battles begin! This is one of my favorite, and also my most nervous, parts of The Voice. The Battles are always absolutely amazing duets, and I love seeing what the coaches come up with. But...this is also when some really good singers start going home :(

Team Adam
Guest Mentor: Aloe Blacc

Kat Perkins vs. Patrick Thomson - Kenny Loggins and Stevie Nicks "Whenever I Call You Friend" 
I so want Kat to win this battle. I'm just not a fan of Patrick at all. He's a decent singer, but I'm not blown away by any means. Kat is special. She has such a special voice, and she has so much control of her instrument. I think Kat really shined. Patrick really struggled with the high notes and it sounded like he was singing with sand in his throat. It just sounded gross. I've heard them say it sounded like you gargled with glass, when someone has a really gritty and raspy voice. But his sounded like he just didn't was sick or something. My winner was Kat without a doubt.
WINNER: Kat
SHAKIRA STEAL: Patrick

Team Blake
Guest Mentor: The Band Perry

Jake Worthington vs. Lexi Luca - Thomas Rhett "It Goes Like This"
I just don't care for Jake at all. I don't think he improved from the last time he auditioned. I don't know why the judges love him so much. Lexi was a little shaky on her first couple notes. I'm hoping she can gather her nerves and blow Blake away. Her first solo was pretty good, but I'm afraid it's not good enough. They sound really good when they sing together, but I'm not blown away by either of them by themselves. I'm afraid Jake was just a little more consistent with his voice, even though he didn't look as comfortable as Lexi did. I don't know if it's her normal voice to be so shaky, or if it was all nerves. I think Jake has this one. Ooh, but Blake called out Jake for flubbing the lyrics!
WINNER: Jake

Paula Deanda vs. Sisaundra Lewis - Lady Gaga "Do What You Want"
This song is more in Paula's wheelhouse, but Sisaundra is handling it well. I'm definitely more of a fan of Paula, but I don't see Blake losing someone like Sisaundra who has such a big and powerful voice. I really love Paula's voice on this song. They sound better together than I thought they would. Sisaundra seemed to be a little pitchy, while Paula seemed right on. But, whoa, huge notes from both at the end! Killer battle!
WINNER: Sisaundra

Team Shakira
Guest Mentor: Miranda Lambert (aka Blake's wife)

Dani Moz vs. Deshawn Washington - Emeli Sande "My Kind Of Love"
I absolutely love this song...it's one of my favorites right now! I wouldn't think of putting these two together, but somehow it really works. I love their interaction together on stage. I think the song suited Dani better, but Deshawn performed it really well. I think they both could have even taken the song further than they did. But that said, it was still a really awesome performance. I think Dani was a little stronger.
WINNER: Dani

Team Usher
Guest Mentor: Jill Scott

Biff Gore vs. T.J. Wilkins - The Temptations "Ain't Too Proud To Beg"
I think these two are so evenly matched, and they sound really good together. They both have huge voices. Biff is a little more deep, and T.J. is a little more light and sweet. But both are extremely talented. Biff does a bit more theatrically, so I think he might have the edge. T.J. is a little more my style, so he would be my pick. I think Usher will pick Biff. The judges were impressed, so will we see a steal?
WINNER: T.J.
BLAKE STEAL: Biff

Jake Barker vs. Stevie Jo - Steve Winwood "Higher Love"
Such an interesting song choice for them. Usher's always thinking outside of the box--I love it! I love them both so much as individuals and just as much together. I really don't want to lose either of them. There better be a steal after this one or I'm going to be upset. It's crazy how much their voices sound alike when they are singing in unison. Their pitch was exactly the same! I think I like what Jake did a little more than Stevie, but oh, it's so close! I love that Adam just said that they both win because whoever Usher didn't pick, will be on his team. He literally didn't care which one of them get picked because he loved them both so badly. YES!!!
WINNER: Stevie
ADAM STEAL: Jake
Shakira also tried to steal, and then Blake got in on the action. Oh my! But ultimately, he made the right choice and picked Adam.


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: