Saturday, March 15, 2014

The Voice, Ep. 6.5

Team Adam

Kat Perkins
She's a rockin' nanny! Whoa! Her voice cuts like glass. It's so crystal clear, and then at times she's got some grit in it too. Absolutely perfect pitch. I really like her. She got chair turns from Adam, Shakira and Usher.

Josh Kaufman
I didn't expect him to have that type of voice. He had a nice upper register, even though he started out a little lower. The more he sang, the more I liked him. He got 4 chairs!

Team Blake

Paula Deanda
She comes in already a recording artist who had a couple albums and was dropped by her label. I hate the song she picked. I don't think it showed how good she could be. I wasn't overly impressed with any parts of it, and I didn't think the high notes that Shakira and Blake turned for were that good. I'm glad the coaches noticed that they weren't so good. So, apparently they think they can fix those problems.

Alaska & Madi
It sure didn't take Adam long to turn around for this country duo. I think they are both strong singers and they have a really good harmony. Their voices blend well. I wasn't blown away, but they were good. Of course Blake had to turn around as well to get in on the action.

Ria Eaton
Parts of her voice I really liked, parts of it were a little annoying. I don't think she is going to be very versatile, and I don't think she can take down some of the other singers we've heard. She did a couple cool things with the song. I'm a little surprised that Blake and Shakira turned their chairs at the very last second.

Team Shakira

Cierra Mickens
She did a very awesome and surprising version of Cee Lo's "Crazy". I have to say I think I almost liked it better than the original! I don't usually like singers like her, but man, she is awesome! I love what she did with the song and she gave me "goosies" as J. Lo would say. She sang it so well, that her power was NOT screaming, like so many singers like her tend to do. She got 3 chair turns by Blake, Shakira, and Usher. I can't believe Adam didn't go for her too!

Doendyl
She has a really interesting voice. Shakira turned right away after only a few notes. She sounds a little like Norah Jones. She has a lot of different sounds in her voice. She's interesting...for now...but I think I could get tired of hearing her voice week after week.

Team Usher

Jake Barker
Great song choice! Before he even started singing, I had a feeling he was going to be Usher's type of artist, and what do you know, Usher is the first to turn around. I love his voice and his personality. He has a great falsetto, and whoa, those high notes! He's also got a little bit of R&B soul in him too. Eventually, Adam and Shakira were smart enough to turn around too! Yay! One of my favorites so far this season!


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: