Thursday, November 28, 2013

X Factor, Ep. 3.19

Top 8 Results

Elimination #1: Lillie McCloud
It's a Thanksgiving miracle! I can't believe she is finally gone! No disrespect to Lillie, who does have a great voice...but the X Factor was just not the right place for her. It was way past her time to go.

In Jeopardy: Rion Paige and Josh Levi
I'm totally OK with this result. I'm not a huge fan of either of them. While talented, I'm just not all that excited for either of them any more. I would have also been more than OK with Restless Road or Ellona Santigao being in the bottom.

Final Showdown
Rion Paige--She walked out on stage like she meant business! Her lower notes were almost non-existent. I didn't like her phrasing, it was just awkward--probably because this Pink song doesn't really work in that arrangement, in trying to make it a country song. She gave it a good try, and she sang with a lot of heart and emotion. I don't know if it will be enough against Josh.

Josh Levi--Perfect song choice: Bruno Mars - "If I Was Your Man". His vocals were really good, and the whole performance was really good. I think he has shown more potential and consistency than Rion. I also think this performance was better than Rion's.

Side note: Paulina Rubio announced Josh Levi, as her OTHER act, Carlito Olivero! How embarrassing! EPIC FAIL! I guess we know who she liked better.

Judges Save: 
Demi sends home Josh
Paulina sends home Rion
Kelly sends home Rion
Simon sends home Josh

That means it is a deadlock. Simon purposely chose Josh to let the public's vote decide. As it turns out Josh Levi got the fewest votes, and was eliminated.

Wow. I really think it should have been Rion going home, but whatever. But, when you think about it, Josh was brought back as a Wild Card, so technically, he shouldn't have even been there in the first place.

Top 6:
Carlito Olivero (Boys-Paulina)
Ellona Santiago (Girls-Demi)
Rion Paige (Girls-Demi)
Alex & Sierra (Groups-Simon)
Restless Road (Groups-Simon)
Jeff Gutt (Over 25s-Kelly)


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites

No comments: