Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Voice, Ep. 5.15

Tonight's episode is the results from Monday and Tuesday's performances. The top 20 will become the top 12, as 2 from each team will be eliminated. The top 2 vote-getters from each team will automatically make it to the top 12, and then the coaches will get to save 1.

Team Adam
Group Performance: "Safe and Sound" by Capital Cities--this was the perfect song for all of them! It's one of my favorite songs right now and I think they all sounded great individually, and as a group.
Top 2 Vote-Getters: James Wolpert and Tessanne Chin
Saved by Adam: Will Champlin
Eliminated: Preston Pohl and Grey
My Thoughts: I knew Tessanne was a given, and I'm not surprised that James was also in the top 2. I so happy that Adam saved Will! I liked Grey at the beginning, but her song choice this week hurt her and she didn't do her best. I'm really happy with this top 3!

Team Blake
Group Performance: "Free Ride" by Edgar Winter Group--I think they did pretty good as a group. They blended really well, and they each sounded equally good as individuals. Even Nic, who is so different from the rest. He made it his own, in a weird quirky way that worked. 
Top 2 Vote-Getters: Austin Jenkes and Cole Vosbury
Saved by Blake: Ray Boudreaux
Eliminated: Shelbie Z. and Nic Hawke
My Thoughts: I gotta say I'm so surprised he didn't pick his country girl Shelbie Z., but I'm so incredibly happy he saved Ray! Ray should have been in the top 2!

Team CeeLo
Group Performance: "Give a Little Bit" by The Goo Goo Dolls. I love this song, and I think it was a good choice for this group. I was surprised how well Caroline did with it, because it isn't really her style. Jonny was perfect playing the guitar. This was right up his alley. Amber and Tamara were the obvious ones that it didn't suit as well. As a goup, I thought they sounded really good. 
Top 2 Vote-Getters: Caroline Pennell and Jonny Gray
Saved by CeeLo: Kat Robichaud
Eliminated: Amber Nicole and Tamara Chauniece
My Thoughts: America got it right! Caroline and Jonny were my top 2 as well. CeeLo also made the right choice! I couldn't be happier with his top 3!

Team Christina
Group Performance: "Love Somebody" by Maroon 5--I think it's kind of funny that Christina always chooses Adam's songs for her contestants. Personally, I love the song, but it wasn't right for any one of these singers. I think they sounded really bad. Josh had a really bad spot and the others, who are normally really good, just didn't sound good at all. Individually, they weren't able to make it work to suit their style and they just sounded awkward. When they sang together, it really clashed and they didn't sound good at all!
Top 2 Vote-Getters: Jacquie Lee and Matthew Schuler
Saved by Christina: Josh Logan
Eliminated: Stephanie Ann Johnson and Olivia Henken
My Thoughts: Woohoo! Absolute best 3 made it! It was a toss-up for me between Matthew and Josh. I'm glad Christina did the right thing and saved Josh. She continues to surprise me this season by picking all the right singers...it's so unlike her!

Final Thoughts: I don't think I have ever done so well at picking who was going to make it through and who was going to be eliminated. I was an astonishing 7 for 8 on the eliminations! The only one I got wrong was Austin Jenkes. I really thought either America or Blake would have picked Shelbie Z. because she is really the only true country singer and her voice is really amazing. I was really shocked when Blake actually chose Ray over her...happy, but shocked.

Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites

No comments: