Monday, November 4, 2013

Dancing With The Stars, Ep. 17.8

I'm really not looking forward to Cher being a guest judge this week. First The Voice, now Dancing? Come on. She's a singer, so The Voice I can understand. But she is NOT a ballroom dancer and she should NOT be judging ballroom dancing! Julianne Hough coming back to guest judge made sense: she's a pro ballroom dancer! Even Paula Abdul last year, or the year before, made more sense than Cher. Plus, she's just annoying! I don't think she is going to have anything beneficial to say, and she can't critique them because she doesn't know how each dance is supposed to be done. OK, rant over. Oh wait...I miss Nicole! OK, now I'm done.

Corbin & Karina - Argentine Tango
What the heck is that thing on Karina's head?! Yikes! I'm so glad she got rid of it right from the start. This is always one of my favorite dances. He had very nice kicks and the lift over his head, by only holding one of her legs was so incredible and unique! That was a great routine.
Score: 27 (+3 Dance-off points=30)

Leah & Tony - Viennese Waltz
Leah looks stunning tonight! She is doing a good job at making the dance look really light and flowing. Very simple and beautiful. I don't think it was the hardest choreography that Tony could have thrown at her, but it was a good performance.
Score: 25 (+3 Dance-off points=28)

Brant & Peta - Foxtrot
This style really suits Brant. He looked amazing! That was one rocking foxtrot! Usually Foxtrots are slow and flowing, but this one was really fast and quick-moving, with a lot of really sharp movements. I really enjoyed it!
Score: 27

Elizabeth & Val - Jazz
That is some outfit she's got on! I think she made the right choice by changing up the song to this one, it really suits her. It's a powerful song and this was a powerful performance. She did a really good job.
Score: 25

Bill & Emma - Disco
I have a feeling there's going to be a good dose of comedy in this routine. This looks just about like his "Cheeseburger in Paradise" routine. I think he is such a good performer, but like in the "Cheeseburger" dance, he's just a little too loosy-goosy! His timing was off and he was a bit too wild. He had some nice lifts, but you could tell he was struggling to keep from dropping her. They were just borderline almost out of control. He did it, but it could have been better. Still a blast though.
Score: 24

Jack & Cheryl - Tango
He makes it look so easy. He transforms into the character of every dance. Nothing really special about this dance, but he did a great job and didn't miss a beat (pun intended...they danced to "The Beat Goes On").
Score: 27 (+3 Dance-off points=30)

Amber & Derek - Rumba
Look at all those cute sailors!!! Hello Derek's abs! Oh my goodness, I just can't take my eyes off Derek right now! I have no idea if Amber is doing a good job or not. I'm sorry...just can't peel my eyes off of his smokin' hot body! Eek! I think it was good :)
Score: 28

Dance-Off

This week, the top couple will be safe, and the others will have to pick another couple to have a dance-off with. 2nd highest couple picks their competition, the chosen team gets to choose the dance, and so on...
The winner of the dance-off will get 3 extra judges points.

Amber & Derek have the highest score, so they have immunity and don't have to be in the dance-off.

Round 1: Corbin & Karina choose Elizabeth & Val. Elizabeth & Val choose ChaCha.
Corbin & Karina killed it! It was so fast, and for having to learn 4 dances this week, just in case, you would think this was their main dance for the week. That choreo was not slacking!
Elizabeth & Val were also very hot! The choreography wasn't as tough and there were a LOT of spins!
Winner: Corbin & Karina (3/3 judges)

Round 2: Brant & Peta choose Leah & Tony. Leah & Tony choose Rumba.
Brant & Peta have such a great chemistry. I love watching them dance. It was hot and steamy and it was technically great.
Leah & Tony lack a little chemistry; I don't find them as believable as some of the other couples. She did a great job with the steps and feel of the dance, though.
Winner: Leah & Tony (2/3 judges) Seriously??? Brant & Peta were hot! Is this thing rigged to keep Leah around?

Round 3: Jack & Cheryl are left to take on Bill & Emma. They are left with the style of Disco.
Jack & Cheryl threw in some really great lifts. His timing was a little off though. It was such a fast-paced dance, with so much thrown into such a short dance. That was pretty incredible!
Bill & Emma somehow luck out with their second Disco of the night. He looked a little lost a couple times and looked like he lost his timing as well. They did many of the same things they did in their main dance, so that isn't really fair.
Winner: Jack & Cheryl (3/3 judges)

Elimination Results
Right away they save Bill & Emma?!? Come on...who is still voting for him? I know he's fun, but good people are going home instead of him, and that just isn't right or fair.

In Jeopardy: Jack & Cheryl and Brant & Peta

Going Home: Brant & Peta
Nooooooooooooooooo! This is soooooooooooooooo wrong! I am devastated! I love Brant! I cannot believe. OK, I guess I can because he's not that well known, but he's hot and he is truly one of the best dancers this season. It is just not right to send him home before Bill. I was really rooting for him, and he was doing so well. When he didn't win his dance-off, I really got worried. Like I said...I think there might be some rigging going on.


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites

No comments: