Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Voice, Ep. 5.14

Adam and Blake's teams performed last night, and tonight CeeLo and Christina's teams will perform. The results show will be on a special night, this Thursday, where the Top 20 will become the Top 12. 2 people from each team will be cut.

Amber Nicole - Team CeeLo
She's singing a country song? Wow, wouldn't have expected that. And she's singing Cassadee Pope's song! I'm really surprised that it's actually working for her. It helps that I don't really consider Cassadee to be country. There were some weird notes at the end, but overall, it was pretty good.

Jonny Gray - Team CeeLo
I think this was a great song choice for him. I kind of wish he would have done a little something more with it and maybe changed it up so it wasn't so much like the original at the beginning. The end was a little more unique which was a nice change. Regardless, he gave a great performance. I really love his voice, and he's one of my favorites in the competition. Wow, Adam and I were totally on the same wavelength, as he basically said the same thing about it.

Tamara Chauniece - Team CeeLo
CeeLo is brave for giving her such a big and iconic song in "I Will Survive". She was definitely up to the task. I think she did a good job, but I find her vibratos a little too frequent and over the top. Her voice is good enough without that.

Kat Robichaud - Team CeeLo
Once again this season, CeeLo is making some really strange song choices for his singers. Somehow, this one really worked! I wasn't so sure when I heard what she was going to be singing. I like her version better than the original. Not only did she sound amazing, but she looked amazing tonight! She might be emerging as a favorite! But, that was weird as she just hugged someone she didn't know.

Caroline Pennell - Team CeeLo
The White Stripes' "We Are Gonna Be Friends"...I think this is going to be good! I really love her voice. Sometimes people with voices like that eventually get annoying and have annoying personalities, but she is so cute and sweet! I just love her! I love how she is growing so much more confident than she was in her first audition.

Josh Logan - Team Christina

I forgot about Josh! Love him! Oh wow, doing CeeLo's song "Crazy"...I think this is going to be amazing. I like seeing him with the guitar. I love his version of the song, it is so cool! His voice is so amazing. I love everything about him!

Olivia Henken - Team Christina
This is the 2nd show to make "Roar" into a country song...first done by Restless Road on X Factor. Christina may think that she came up with this first, but um...no...you didn't. I think she did a really good job. Her voice sounded really strong on this song. Nothing really stood out as being amazing, but it was good.

Stephanie Anne Johnson - Team Christina
This is definitely not one of my favorite songs, and it has been done so many times on reality singing competitions. I think it's time to retire it, and ban it from being done again. That aside, I didn't care for her version at all! Not going to make me like it any more than I already don't. Vocally, it was good, but again, there wasn't anything that really screamed "amazing" to me.

Matthew Schuler - Team Christina
Whoa! A guy doing "Wrecking Ball", this should be interesting. It started off a little weird...not sure what was a little off. But as soon as he got to the chorus, he was killing it! I love the emotion he put into it. Got a few goosebumps on that one.

Jacquie Lee - Team Chistina
Christina is right, she is so beyond her years. It's so crazy how good and mature her voice is for her age. Holy crap, girl! She gave that song absolutely everything she had, and she blew everyone away. That was just ridiculous!

My picks for Team CeeLo: Jonny, Caroline, Kat (alternate: Amber)
My picks for Team Christina: Josh, Matthew, Jacquie (alternate: Olivia)


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites

No comments: