Monday, November 18, 2013

The Voice, Ep. 5.18

Austin Jenckes - Team Blake
For me, it seemed like his pitch was just under where it should have been for the whole song. This performance just didn't do it for me. I especially did not care for his screaming at the end. He's been so much better than this in the past. I don't think that's who he really is. I don't know, I just didn't get it.

Jacquie Lee - Team Christina
There were a couple of wonky notes at the beginning, but after that, it got better. This wasn't my favorite performance of hers, though. I thought the song choice would be a good one, but it didn't end up being as good as I thought it would be. The best part of the song was the beautiful run that she did at the end.

Will Champlin - Team Adam
I think this might be Will's best performance yet. I love his whole vibe, and I love him behind the piano. I think he killed it tonight! And it was even a song I'm not familiar with...but I liked it...I might have to check out the original.

Caroline Pennell - Team CeeLo
I'm not crazy about the song choice this week. She definitely has a style all her own, and it comes through on every performance. This one fell just a bit short for me this week, and it was a little too boring and sleepy.

Cole Vosbury - Team Blake
Whoa, this song takes me back to my childhood. I've always liked this song. He actually sounds a lot like the original. Blake was so right, this is definitely a guitar song. There was one part where I'm not sure if he forgot the words, or if he intentionally wasn't singing and it was just the back-up singers. Hmm... I think this was probably my favorite performance of his. I really enjoyed it.

Tessanne Chin - Team Adam
I'm not familiar with this song, and I'm not really a fan of it after hearing it. Tessanne is always amazing though, just didn't love the song. It isn't my favorite performance of hers, but she can sing the crap out of anything.

Ray Boudreaux - Team Blake
Oh my gosh, I just love Ray. I am so in love with his voice. It also doesn't hurt that he's really good looking. This was just a really good all-around performance. I really liked it. He sounded so much more sure of himself and he sang with a lot of confidence.

James Wolpert - Team Adam
After seeing the song list for the show tonight, I would have never guessed that he would be singing this song. He surprises me every week with his range of song choices and styles. He sings them all so well. This was just awesome. He puts so much heart and soul into it every time he sings.

Kat Robichaud - Team CeeLo
Pat Benetar is perfect for her. She can really rock out on this one. It could have been better...some of her lower notes were really shaky. I think if they would have taken it up a note, it would have been even better. I like this Kat better than what we've seen the past couple of weeks--a combination of rock and a more reserved side. It was big and epic, just like what CeeLo was going for.

Matthew Schuler - Team Christina
I probably wouldn't have picked this song for him, but it turned out to be a lot better than I thought it was going to be. It was really good! He is proving week after week, that he is a force to be reckoned with. Wow!

Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites

No comments: