Wednesday, August 28, 2013

So You Think You Can Dance, Ep. 10.16

The dancers are all doing 3 routines this week: solos, duet with an All-Star and together as partners. No one is named in the bottom, and the vote will solely be from America...the judges are not voting at the end of the night's routines.

Duet w/ All-Stars

Paul & Kathryn - Jazz
Whoa, that opening was so crazy! Kathryn is huge! She had a big long dress on, as she towered over him, and then it was revealed that she was standing on a ladder, which was completely hidden by the dress. The music is very interesting. It's quirky and fun. He is doing an amazing job-you completely forget he's a ballroom dancer.

Hayley & Joshua - Hip-Hop
Wow, it's been a long time since we've seen Joshua! She was with him on every single move, and was hitting it hard. She definitely had swag! Doing a boxing theme, it would stick out quite a bit if she wasn't hitting it hard. Definitely a knock out!

Aaron & Melanie - Broadway
Fun music to dance to: George Michael's "Faith". His technique is always really good, but I STILL find him really boring. I don't know why! He adds character and facial expressions to his dancing, but for some reason, I just don't connect with him at all.

Fik-Shun & Witney - Foxtrot
They are the most unlikely of couples, but...wow. Again, he is completely transformed into this style that is so different than what he is used to. I say it every week, but he is just so much fun to watch! From what I could tell, I think his frame was great, but we'll see what Mary has to say about it. I loved Witney's flip over him at the end! He did a nice leprechaun-esque heel kick, that was so high off to the side!

Jasmine & Neil - Contemporary
Yay Neil! I think I'm going to love this routine: Love Neil! Love Jasmine! Love Contemporary! Recreating a storm on stage...brilliant! And the music from Unfaithful which also had a "stormy/windy" scene, was absolutely spot-on! The raw emotion coupled with all of the wind and trash blowing on the stage...throughout the ENTIRE routine, mind you...was so cool! Best of the night! What a tribute to those who lost everything!

Amy & Alex - Bollywood
Bollywood numbers are always so fun! I loved her jump onto his shoulders and how he dropped her, that was so cool! Lots of fast moves, as you would expect from a Bollywood number. I will never understand how these dancers can pick up this style in such a short amount of time...it just boggles my mind! Incredible! Not only that, but the athleticism and energy required to be able to do it physically, is just ridiculous!

Paired as Partners

Paul & Hayley - Contemporary
First of all, I have to say what an interesting version of "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)"...wow...so different! The dance was beautiful They made a great pair, and I loved their chemistry.

Amy & Fik-Shun - Hip-Hop
Reunited again! What an interesting outfit she was wearing, not only for hip-hop, but dancing in general. It was a really good routine, and they still worked very well together. There was a lot of fast movements, into really slow, slow motion parts. I thought they handled the transition from one to the other very well.

Jasmine & Aaron - Jazz
I love this concept, of her being stuck in the mirror. Very strange outfit she was wearing. Again, her legs are bent in ways that no human should be able to bend their legs! This was such a different routine, but it was so engaging, I didn't want to take my eyes off of them! So incredibly unique and creative, and they killed it!

Going Home
Hayley and Paul

Next week is the performance finale, with the final 4. Out of the final 4, there will be one guy winner and one girl winner. I'm hoping that Jasmine and Fik-Shun are the winners!


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites

No comments: