Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Voice, Ep. 7.9

The Battle Round ends tonight, and the Knockout Round is up next, starting on Monday.

Team Adam

Beth Spangler vs. Mia Pfirman: "I Turn To You" by Christina Aguilera
In Beth's audition, I kind of thought her sound was a little fake, and I was surprised she got 4 chairs. With this performance, I see what they were seeing. I love that Adam really had them pull back and not blow all their gaskets through the whole song. But...that said, I actually liked how they performed it in the rehearsals better. They are both really strong singers. I think Beth was a little more interesting on this song than Mia, but they were both good, and I don't know who he's going to pick.
WINNER: Mia
STEAL: Gwen steals Beth

Team Blake

Allison Bray vs. Fernanda Bosch: "Sparks Fly" by Taylor Swift
WINNER: Allison

Reagan James vs. Kensington Moore: "Team" by Lorde
I'm very anxious to hear them sing this song. Reagan actually sounds a little like Lorde. I think they both sound amazing together on this song. They have different styles, but they totally compliment each other. I'm not sure who I like better. I like some of the cool inflections Kensington was doing with her voice. The only part I didn't like was when Reagan took the lower part of the harmony, something just didn't quite sound right. Other than that, it was a really good performance, and I have absolutely no idea who he's going to pick. If I had to pick, I would say that I like Kensington's voice just a little more than Reagan.
WINNER: Reagan

Team Gwen

Anita Antoinette vs. Mayra Alvarez: "I Can See Clearly Now" by Johnny Nash
WINNER: Anita

Bryana Salaz vs. Gianna Salvato: "Boom Clap" by Charli XCX
WINNER: Bryana

Team Pharrell

Brittany Butler vs. Ricky Manning: "On Broadway" by George Vincent
All I can say is: "GO RICKY!!!!" I have never hated an audition more than I hated Brittany's. It was by far the most torturous piece of "singing" (if you can call it that), that I've ever heard. I know most of it was just the song and the style, but I did not like it at all. Ricky, on the other hand, is completely awesome. I hate that Pharrell chose such a stupid song for them to sing. I was hoping for something more current to get a feel for what Brittany can do other than what we saw in her audition. I absolutely hate what they did to the song. Ricky started out and it was awesome. His voice was strong and he was so creative with his runs. Then the song stops and COMPLETELY changes tempo and style, and Brittany comes in with her horrendous jazzy-ness. I can't find anything I like about what she does at all. Ricky is amazing, and his voice is so clean and he's such a good performer. She can take her scatting, and skedaddle. Take a hike! Go Ricky! I'm so worried that Pharrell is just going to pick Brittany because she's different. Fight the urge Pharrell, and go with the better singer!
WINNER: Ricky



Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: