Monday, October 6, 2014

Dancing With The Stars, Ep. 19.6

Theme: Most Memorable Year

Tonight the fans can score the dances! Should be interesting because I think the judges are getting it wrong in a lot of cases so far this season.

Janel & Val - Rumba
Memorable Year: 2002 when she moved to LA from Hawaii, and the year she lost a mentor who was like a 2nd Grandma to her

She looks stunning tonight! This dance is perfect. She and Val have such a wonderful chemistry.
Score: 36 (America's score: 9; I scored it a 9)

Jonathan & Alison - Samba
Memorable Year: 2004 the year he starred in the movie Mean Girls which launched his acting career

Completely cool homage to the movie! From the Santa's little helper costumes, to the milkshake song...all stuff that was in the movie. His dancing was pretty good, but I think it could have been just a little better. It was a little herky-jerky. Overall, because I love the movie, I liked the performance.
Score: 24 (America's score: 6; I scored it a 8...or I tried, but the website never refreshed to let me vote!)

Betsy & Tony - Jive

Memorable Year: 1975 when her daughter Lulu was born

She had her daughter bring her out to the floor. How cute! I'm not digging Betsy's hair on this one. I didn't know how she would do on such a quick dance, but you know what...she didn't do half bad. It sure was fun to watch. I think the lack of technique showed moreso on this dance than some of her other dances. Her "freeze" was pretty incredible though.
Score: 29 (America's score: 7; I scored it a 6)

Bethany & Derek - Rumba
Memorable Year: 2009 the year she started her YouTube channel as a result of her being bullied

How cute do they look as a couple in this dance?! What I wouldn't give to be her right now! I love the inspiring words being shown in the background. Sends a wonderful message in response to her video package. I love the ending. This felt so short to me, I would have loved to see more. I agree with Julianne, there wasn't enough Rumba content. However, I think with the message they were trying to send, it wouldn't have been as appropriate.
Score: 33 (America's score: 9; I scored it a 9)

Michael & Emma - Quickstep
Memorable Year: 2001 the year he won NASCAR and the year his friend and mentor Dale Earnhardt died on the last lap of the same race

That is some suit! I'm impressed with this dance! I thought he would have trouble with the timing and keeping up, but he actually nailed most of the steps. It wasn't as fast as some people would do it, but it was still a very nice effort. One of his best, for sure.
Score: 25 (America's score: 7; I scored it a 7)

Leah & Artem - Contemporary
Memorable Year: 2003 when her father was diagnosed with cancer; the way he died, taught her how to live

Her solo at the beginning was really beautiful. How touching to have the photos showing in the background. Artem's choreography was beautiful. It all flowed beautifully, and her lines were amazing. Talk about emotional! Not a dry eye anywhere...including in this living room.
Score: 39 (America's score: 9; I scored it a 9)

Antonio & Cheryl - Samba
Memorable Year: 1989 the year he got cast in Janet Jackson's music video, after having just moved to America from Italy

Yes! He's finally shirtless! I could have done without the suspenders though. Cheryl's choreography really showed off his...assets. Nicely done.
Score: 29 (America's score 8; I scored it an 8)

Tommy & Peta - Jive
Memorable Year: 2003 the year he went to jail for transporting drug paraphernalia  across state lines

How appropriate to be dancing to "Jail House Rock". Look at the old guy go! This was not his best dance. They had some missed arm movements, and some not-so-smooth transitions. However, he had some kicks and flicks going, and it wasn't too bad considering he's 76! And Peta literally threw him in jail at the end! Be careful, he could break a hip!
Score: 28 (America's score: 7; I scored it a 7)

Sadie & Mark - Samba
Memorable Year: 2012 when Duck Dynasty started

Oh Mark...what's happened...he's gone completely Duck Dynasty! That beard...I just can't. And then her whole family is out there! Look at her outfit! She's a duck! I LOVE it! This is just way too awesome! Mark killed it again! Him dancing with that beard is the funniest thing I've ever seen! And let's just talk about the choreography and how well she performed it! That was so good, and I hope her scores finally reflect how awesome she is!
Score: 37 (America's score: 9; I scored it a 10...and so did Julianne!)

Alfonso & Witney - Jazz
Memorable Year: his 6 years on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Yes!!! "The Carlton"! Woohoo! He's still got it! So cute! Totally nailed the character again and suited the style of dance really well. And props to Witney for also nailing "The Carlton". What a wonderful thing to do for his fans! This was the perfect time to pull it out. Thanks Alfonso! (And how cool that all the dancers were doing it too!)
Score: 40 (America's score: 10; I scored it a 10 obviously!)

Results

In Jeopardy: Betsy & Tony, Michael & Emma, Tommy & Peta

Going Home: Betsy & Tony

What?! It's so time for Michael to go. How is he still there? Sorry, Michael, but you're just not cutting it any more. Betsy deserved one more week.


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: