Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Voice, Ep. 7.7

The Battles continue...

Team Adam
Alessandra Castronovo vs Joe Kirk: “Stay” by Rihanna ft Mikky Ekko
I like this song for them, it's a beautiful song, and they have such beautiful voices. Her vibrato is so effortless. It is so perfect and not overdone like some people do. There's such a cleanness to her voice that's just mesmerizing. And then there's Joe. He's just so gosh darn cute! At such a young age, his voice is so polished. This performance totally gave me goosebumps...multiple times! They were both so ridiculously good, my goodness! Her voice just cuts like a knife! He improved so much from his audition (which was so good). Wow. PLEASE let there be a steal on this one!
Winner: Alessandra

Clara Hong vs Rebekah Samarin: “Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow” by Carole King
Winner: Rebekah

Team Blake
Grant Ganzer vs John Martin: “Stop and Stare” by One Republic
Winner: Grant

Justin Johnes vs Tanner Linford: “You and I” by One Direction
I'm really bummed we didn't get to see this performance!
Winner: Tanner

Team Gwen
Menlik Zergabachew vs Troy Ritchie: “Maneater” by Hall and Oates
As much as I enjoy Menlik, I am so drawn to Troy. He is so intriguing. His backstory, his funny impressions...I love the song he did in his audition, and I just love him. I think he will be more versatile going forward than Menlik. I think Troy sounded more comfortable with the song. He just had a really cool vibe. Menlik did a good job as well, but there's just something about Troy that I just love. I loved how they started vibing off each other at the end, that was really cool. Troy has a great falsetto! Great ending!
Winner: Troy
Steal: Adam and Pharrell pushed to steal, and he chose Pharrell

Team Pharrell
Jordy Searcy vs Taylor Phelan: “Breakeven” by The Script
These 2 seem to have a lot in common musically. I liked both of their auditions, and I love their style of music. I would love to see them as a duo, because they sound great together. Another matchup of perfectly blended voices and styles. I love that they both played guitars on this song. I love this song, and they did a great job with it. They both sound so similar. Their harmony was so beautiful, especially when they sang "pieces". Man, that was good! Again, I don't know how Pharrell is going to choose. They both put a lot of emotion into it. Neither one stood out better than the other.
Winner: Taylor


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: