Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The Voice, Ep. 7.11

The Knockouts continue...

...And if you're keeping track, after tonight's episode, I've now lost a total of 5 favorite singers :(

Team Adam

Alessandra Castronovo vs Mia Pfirman
Alessandra - "Next To Me" by Emeli Sandé
I absolutely love this song, and it is the perfect song for her. I don't think you could find someone with a more perfect and clear voice than her. She is flawless every time. That high note at the end sent shivers down my spine! So beautiful. I like Mia too, but I love Alessandra.

Mia - "Human" by Christina Perri
She handled the lower notes in this song better than I thought she would. Again with the goosebumps! Wow...she had some big moments. She sang with a lot of emotion and her voice just cut like a knife.

WINNER: Mia

Team Blake
No performances tonight

Team Gwen

Troy Richie vs Taylor John Williams 
Troy - "Hey Ya" by Outkast
I love this guy to pieces! He surprises me every time! What an interesting and surprising song choice. As much as I also like Taylor, I just can't get enough of Troy. I love that you can't tell if he's trying to be goofy or if he's trying to be serious. His falsettos are just crazy! I also love that he started out one way and then part way through he just totally let loose. I've never heard this song done better. He is just so amazingly talented and totally unique. He absolutely nailed everything about this song...every single little thing was done to perfection. Goosebumps. Taylor knows he's in trouble, as he just stands up and shakes his head.

Taylor - "Mad World" by Gary Jules
OMG I love this song! One of my favorites...he would have to do that to me. I think this was his best performance yet. I also got goosebumps for him. This song suited him so well, and he really did a good job with it. I have to say Adam Lambert's version will always be my favorite though. It really got good when he started to change things up a little bit at the end. So good...but I still want Troy to win.

WINNER: Taylor

Team Pharrell

Elyjah Rene vs Ricky Manning
Elyjah - "With You" by Chris Brown
He surprises me every time he sings. He was so silky smooth on this song. I think this could be his best performance yet. The end of the song was incredible. He's really worked on his falsetto, and it was really good at the end of the song. He also had some amazing runs at the end.

Ricky - "Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus
What an interesting song choice. I love what he did with the song, slowing it down a little bit more than the original. He came out swinging and he slayed this song! Who knew a guy could sound so good singing this song. He hit the most perfect notes, and it was so beautiful! It was haunting and mesmerizing. I loved everything about it. I love the little surprise notes he did in those incredible runs, and the emotion and passion was just perfection. I better root for Elyjah if I want Ricky to have any chance of making it out of this round.

WINNER: Elyjah
STEAL: Gwen steals Ricky
THANK GOD! I couldn't bring myself to root for Elyjah hard enough, and it did Ricky in, apparently. I had this bad feeling that he still wanted to work with Elyjah to improve him. I'm so glad Gwen saved him because he totally sang his heart out and deserved that win. I was literally in tears when he said Elyjah's name.


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: