Monday, October 27, 2014

The Voice, Ep. 7.10

The Knockout Round begins. 2 singers on each team will go head to head singing a song of their choice. The coach will pick 1 to move on. Each coach has 1 steal each in this round.

I always kind of dread this round because this round tends to be where all my favorites go home. The coaches tend to pick the people I don't want to win. And with only 1 steal, the chances of the ones I like getting stolen aren't that great. Spoiler Alert: 3 of my absolute favorites lost and were not stolen...never to be seen again :(

Note: yes, you're reading this right...there were 3, count them, 3, Beyonce songs.

Team Adam

Damien vs Toia Jones
Damien - "How Do I Live" by LeAnn Rimes
He has been one of, if not my favorite singer so far this season, so I will be devastated if he doesn't win. What an interesting song choice...never would have guessed that. His voice is so silky smooth. He was totally feeling the song. I loved the little quick falsetto that he went to, it was kind of a surprise. His emotion is undeniable. Clearly the one to beat.

Toia - "Crazy In Love" by Beyonce
She handled this song about as well as anyone could handle a hugely popular Beyonce song. I didn't care so much for the lower parts that she was speaking more than singing. But man did she kill that ending! My goodness!

WINNER: Damien

Team Blake

Griffin vs James David Carter
James - "You've Got A Friend" by James Taylor
As good as he might have sang this song, it was so boring to me! Definitely not my favorite performance of his. I like what he did with the song, but I wish he would have done more.

Griffin - "As Long As You Love Me" by Justin Bieber
OK, so I love him and I love this song. He performed this song so well! It's very different from what he's done so far, but I loved it! There isn't anyone like him in the competition right now. His vocals were so spot on...what a great performance! As good as this was, Blake is going to choose the country guy, I just know it. I'm really going to miss him :(

WINNER: James

Jessie Pitts vs Tanner Linford

Jessie - "Your Song" by Elton John
Another Ellie Goulding song for Jessie (this was her version of the song). I have to say I like the version from the movie Moulin Rouge better...except, the more she sang, the more I liked it! This version does suit her voice very well. I loved her falsetto breaks on this song. I don't always like her different voice and style, but this was really good!

Tanner - "Calling All Angels" by Train
I love this song...great choice! He's just so darn cute, you can't help but root for him. He gave a great performance. He just seems to get better every time we see him. He seemed to have no nerves this time, and his voice was just rock solid.

WINNER: Jessie

Team Gwen

Bryana Salaz vs Sugar Joans
Bryana - "Heart Attack" by Demi Lovato
She has such a beautiful, crystal clear tone. I love her little vibratos, and I love her falsetto. She was pretty close to perfect. The end of the song was so loud and strong, and she nailed every note. She really captured the dynamics of the song and she gave both soft and extremely loud.It was beautiful!

Sugar - "Love on Top" by Beyonce
This isn't my favorite song, but it suited her pretty well. I didn't really care for the way she handled the chorus. She did way too much screaming. It sounded really forced, especially compared to Bryana who belted it out so effortlessly.

WINNER: Bryana
STEAL: Sugar stolen by Pharrell

Team Pharrell

Danica Shiry vs Katriz Trinidad
Danica - "Saving All My Love for You" by Whitney Houston
I've never liked this song. She sang it beautifully, and hit some really pretty, high notes. That said, I was just waiting for it to end.

Katriz - "Superwoman" by Beyonce
I've really liked Katriz since the beginning, and I'd love to see her win this. She is so young, but her voice sounds so mature. She has perfect pitch, and has great stage presence. I really hope Pharrell wants to continue to see where she can go. He did say that he wanted to sign her to his label, so I'm hoping he wouldn't send her packing. This performance proves she deserves to make it to the live round, without a doubt!

WINNER: Danica...and I'm ticked! I can't believe Pharrell let her go, and no one stole her...what a shame!

Luke Wade vs Taylor Phelan
Luke - "Rich Girl" by Hall & Oates
I've liked Luke from the beginning, but I think I might like Taylor just a little bit more. I didn't care for the song choice, but he was able to show off his range. He gave a great performance and did as much as a person could do with this song. The only thing working against him was that he actually sounded a little bit out of breath at the end of the song after doing a lot of jumping and moving around.

Taylor - "Rather Be" by Clean Bandit
Taylor has been one of my absolute favorites. I really like this song, and I really love his style and the whole Indie-pop/rock vibe. He's just so much fun to watch on stage. Such a solid performance. He looks like he was performing at his own concert.

WINNER: Luke
STEAL: All 3 coaches push to steal Taylor, and he chooses Adam (his original coach)


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: