Monday, October 20, 2014

The Voice, Ep. 7.8

The Battle Rounds continue...

Team Adam

Damien Lawson vs. Kelli Douglas: "Knock on Wood" by Otis Redding and Carla Thomas
Damien's blind audition might have just been my favorite audition this season, so I'm really excited to see him perform again. I am, however, disappointed in the song that Adam gave them. I don't care for this song at all. However, I will say that I enjoyed their performance better than the original. This is a pretty good matchup, but I really want Damien to win. He had a great high note. She was singing parts of it like she forgot the words, even though I don't think she did. It just sounded like she wasn't saying the words but kind of running them together. I think he did more with the song, and showed more of his own personality in the song.
WINNER: Damien

Matt McAndrew vs. Ethan Butler: "Yellow" by Coldplay
I love Coldplay and I absolutely love this song! This is going to be such a good performance! I loved Matt's audition, and I wasn't that in love with Ethan's audition, so I would definitely say I'm rooting for Matt on this one. I definitely like Ethan's voice when he's singing a better song. However, Matt's voice is perfection. He has all the qualities in his voice that I am always drawn to. The song was suited more towards Matt's voice, and he just killed this performance. I would have loved to just hear him sing it by himself. Ethan did have one big moment, and Matt had a huge leap with his guitar...definitely don't see that too much on this show. That one moment wasn't enough for me. I think Matt hit a home run, and he should absolutely be the winner.
WINNER: Matt

Team Blake

Taylor Brashears vs. Bree Fondacaro: "You're No Good" by Linda Ronstadt
I did not care for Bree in her audition at all. Taylor also didn't really do it for me in her audition, but her voice was not near as annoying as Bree's. Like Blake said, these two couldn't be more different. I think this was an interesting song choice for both of them. I think this is going to be really interesting. The song suits Bree more than Taylor just because of Taylor's really country twang. This song choice did a lot more for me with Bree, and I didn't find her quite as annoying like in her audition. I just wish she wouldn't be so breathy. I like when she uses her full voice. I thought I might be rooting for Bree on this one because I was liking what I was hearing in the rehearsal, but she's kind of reverted back to what she sounded like in her audition, and I just don't really care for that. Taylor lost a little bit of her country twang, and it wasn't so in your face the whole time. I think I have to give this one to Taylor.
WINNER: Taylor

Team Gwen

Jessie Pitts vs. Ryan Sill: "I Need Your Love" by Ellie Goulding
This almost isn't a fair battle because Jessie has so many similarities vocally to Ellie Goulding. I love Ryan's voice. You can tell right away that he's in an a capella group...there's just something about him that's a dead giveaway. Not that that's a bad thing by any means. His voice is so technically perfect. Jessie has that unique sounding voice that isn't for everyone. The good thing is that she doesn't always sound the same when she's singing. I think they performed it well together. I think I would go for Ryan just because voices like Jessie's tend to get on my nerves after awhile. I could listen to his voice forever, singing anything.
WINNER: Ryan
STEAL: Blake steals Jessie

Team Pharrell

Blessing Offor vs. Katriz Trinidad: "Do I Do" by Stevie Wonders
This song is right up Blessing's alley, for more reasons than one. Katriz will have to go outside of her comfort zone. It's hard for me to get into this performance at all because I can't stand the song. Sorry Stevie Wonder fans. Blessing sounds so much like Stevie Wonder, but that being said, I'm not blown away by his voice by any means...mediocre at best.. But then there's Katriz! The things she did with this song were ridiculous! So much talent in such a young girl. I absolutely loved her performance, and I could give or take Blessing's. He just isn't my cup o' tea. Go Katriz!
WINNER: Katriz
STEAL: Adam and Gwen push to steal Blessing and he chose Adam

DaNica Shirey vs. Toia Jones: "Halo" by Beyonce
I love this song, and I think this could be an epic battle (and not just because they keep previewing and saying there's going to be the biggest steal yet). They both have such strong and powerful voices. So much emotions are going into this song for both of them. I got some goosebumps early on, at separate times when each one of them sang. I'm glad they both started out soft, because I knew they were going to end up blowing the roof off the place. I would say they both went a little too over the top for me, but dang, can they both sing! They each had huge moments with some really big notes. This is going to be a tough one to pick. Personally, I think I would go with DaNica because I think she has more range, and not just volume-wise and note-wise. However, I could see Pharrell going with Toia.
WINNER: DaNica
STEAL: Adam and Gwen push to steal Toia and she chose Adam


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: