Monday, October 20, 2014

Dancing With The Stars, Ep. 19.8

Guest Judge: Pitbull

Jonathan & Allison - Jazz
I love the costumes and the theme of this dance. His lifts were SOOOO much better this week than last week! He was so strong and sure of himself, and he wasn't about to drop her. I thought the choreography was really smart and he performed it so cleanly! They were so in sync! That's definitely one of his best dances by far. The sad thing is that this week's scores don't count unless he makes it through. His last 2 weeks were scores of 24, and I don't know if that's enough to keep him around. This dance proved that he deserves to be there, and I hope he gets that chance to stay. He CANNOT go home before Michael...come on!
Score: 32

Janel & Val - Samba
Such a hot couple. I just love watching them dance together. I love her colorful dress, and it's nice to see Val's abs :) There is nothing negative to comment about her in any dance. She's just so good, and so much fun to watch.
Score: 33

Tommy & Peta - Foxtrot
Can we just talk about his video package for a second? Sweat lodge, and visions of Cloris Leachman?! LOL! He looks so stylish and classic this week! He always has a couple go to moves that get him going. Unfortunately, he was a little behind on a couple things. Overall, it was a pretty good performance. He just makes me smile when he dances.
Score: 28

Antonio & Cheryl - Salsa
Can I just say how much I love this song, and how devastated I was that it wasn't the original with Enrique Iglesias, it was the cheap "DWTS" version. Boo! Antonio looks live such a Latin lover out there in all white and that hat. You almost don't even recognize him. Loved this routine, it was so good!
Score: 28

Sadie & Mark - Rumba
She looks so gorgeous (as always) and I LOVE her dress! And her hair! She is just such a gorgeous person on the outside and the inside. I love that Mark worked so hard to be respectful of her Christian values. The dance was so beautiful and so appropriate for her age and didn't compromise her values at all. So well done. Kudos to Mark for giving her such a wonderful routine. I could watch that forever.
Score: 35 (a 10 from Pitbull!)

Lea & Artem - Salsa
The set and backdrop for this dance were amazing! For the first time it seemed like Artem's choreography was just a little to fast and advanced or her. She kept it together, but I felt like a couple times, she was just the slightest bit behind. But, that said, it was really good, and I really enjoyed it.
Score: 32

Michael & Emma - Argentine Tango
Again, the lack of movement is just not acceptable. In this case, the song was WAY too slow for an Argentine Tango. There were no sharp beats to accentuate the leg gauchos and hooks to. I've never seen such slow leg hooks in the Argentine Tango. I will say that his lift was really good. I think he nailed all the moves, I just wish there was more.
Score: 30

Bethany & Derek - Tango
How cool are those lights! I love when Derek does stuff like that!Bethany is a true pro. She had so little time to practice this dance this week, and her rehearsals just yesterday looked disastrous. But somehow, she didn't miss a single step tonight! I loved the choreography, and the whole dance was just so cool! Absolutely loved it! And then they show a slo mo and she did actually have a slip, but it was so minor, you couldn't even see it! She just kept going and didn't let it show.
Score: 36

Alfonso & Witney - Salsa
"Carlton" pulled his groin doing "The Carlton"! Oh no! You sure wouldn't know he was hurting with this fast and spicy number! And Witney put plenty of moves in there where he really had to stretch his leg and twist and turn, so that couldn't have felt good. But, how fun was this routine?! Loved the choreography, and he nailed it as always. BUT at the end of the dance, he bent over in pain, and he said he felt like he pulled it again. Oh no! I sure hope this doesn't get worse and prevent him from being as good as he is, because he has such a good chance of winning this season, and I would hate for an injury to take him out of the running.
Score: 39

The Results

In Jeopardy: Janel & Val, Jonathan & Allison, Michael & Emma

Going Home: Jonathan & Allison

I am beyond disgusted that Jonathan doesn't get another chance, and Michael gets to keep going. HE NEEDS TO GO HOME! He's not improving enough to deserve to stay. NASCAR fans: get your act together and STOP voting!

Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: