Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Voice, Ep. 7.5

The final Blind Auditions. After tonight, the coaches will have full teams of 12.

Team Adam

Matt McAndrew, 23
He started out so quiet, and I wasn't so sure about him. The more he sang, the more confident he got. I don't think I've ever heard a guy sing this Christina Perri song, but he sounded so good singing it. His tone is so crystal clear. By the end, I was really loving this performance! My friend Amy picked him as this season's winner...we'll see! I think he's got a shot.
Turnarounds: 3

Beth Spangler, 30
She has a really rich-sounding quality to her voice. I think her timing was kind of off. She seemed to be screeching to get the high notes. I think a lot of it was nerves and she was trying just a little bit too hard. I can't believe she got 4 chairs...I didn't think it was that good.
Turnarounds: 4

Team Blake

Fernanda Bosch, 17
I did not expect her to sound the way she does. With her Spanish-speaking voice, she sounds so different when she's singing. I really like her sound, but I do not care for the faces she makes when she's singing. She kind of makes a stank face. It took more than half the song to realize what song she was singing. Wow. I think she had a pretty good performance, but she hit some wonky notes at the end and her voice did some weird things. I don't know if it was nerves or what.
Turnarounds: 2

Justin Johnes, 15
I love this song. I can't believe he's only 15...and this is his FIRST performance! Are you kidding me?! There are no nerves and he's got a really good stage presence. This kid's gonna be something. He acts and sings like he's been doing this for 10 years. Not to mention his voice is amazing! He's got great pitch...like perfect pitch. Keep your eye on this kid!
Turnarounds: 1 (only because Blake was the only one with a spot left to fill)

Team Gwen

Ryan Sill, 20
I REALLY like his voice! He sang OneRepublic, and he actually has some similarities with Ryan Tedder. He has absolutely perfect pitch. Wow...really impressive. He can hit some really high notes.
Turnarounds: 2

Mayra Alvarez, 26
Is it just me, or can no one else understand a word she's saying? So strange. She has a pretty voice, why can't I understand her? It's especially hard when she is singing in her very low register. I did not care for this song, and I was not really impressed.
Turnarounds: 2

Team Pharrell

Brittany Butler, 23
What an AWFUL song choice! I do not care for her style AT ALL! I don't think I've ever seen/heard someone on this show that I really hated as much as I do listening to her. Talk about nails on a chalkboard! Crossing my fingers that Adam isn't dumb enough to turn. Yikes!
Turnarounds: 2

Griffin, 23
He sounds a lot like Michael Bublé. I really like his style. He's pretty cute too! He's got a really nice range and a lot of personality.
Turnarounds: 3


Coming up...

The Blind Auditions are done, and next week, we move on to the Battle Rounds. To help each team, the coaches have selected mentors, just like prior seasons. The mentors are as follows:

Team Adam: Stevie Nicks
Team Blake: Little Big Town
Team Gwen: Gavin Rossdale (her husband)
Team Pharrell: Alicia Keyes


Don't forget to follow on Twitter for updates and live show tweets! https://twitter.com/LSRealityBites
And follow this blog with Bloglovin

No comments: